Many common items purchased for Halloween can't be returned if problems are discovered at the last minute. For example, if a costume ordered online isn't as described, the buyer might not have time to return it and wait for another option to be shipped...
New York (PRWEB) September 30, 2014
U.S. consumer advocacy and customer complaints website, Pissed Consumer, offers insights into common Halloween shopping complaints from its 2013 visitors. Tips on how consumers can protect themselves and save money on Halloween essentials are also shared.
"From the customer service perspective, Halloween can be quite different than other shopping-heavy holidays," said Joanna Simpson of PissedConsumer.com. "Many common items purchased for Halloween can't be returned if problems are discovered at the last minute. For example, if a costume ordered online isn't as described, the buyer might not have time to return it and wait for another option to be shipped to them. Customers might not realize there are problems with Halloween makeup until that night when they use it. Halloween also revolves around perishable items, like candy, that might not be carefully examined until they're about to be given away."
Many Halloween complaints posted on PissedConsumer.com in 2013 revolve around costumes. Some examples of things shoppers have had problems with in the past are:
- Halloween costumes made with poor quality materials;
- Wrong costume sizes being delivered;
- Entirely wrong costumes being delivered;
- Ripped or damaged fabric on costumes;
- Costumes not being delivered in time for Halloween.
Other Halloween-related customer complaints revolved around novelty contact lenses, Halloween floral deliveries, and holiday lawn decorations.
PissedConsumer.com offers the following Halloween shopping tips to help customers avoid some of these potential problems:
- Place online costume orders several weeks in advance, ideally in mid to late-September. That leaves a buffer if quality or sizing is an issue so the original costume can be returned and another can be ordered.
- Check reviews of Halloween makeup before buying to make sure it can stay applied as long as needed. Also check ingredient lists to avoid known allergens before buying and applying the makeup.
- Shop around early when stocking up on candy. Sales can run on different brands throughout the entire month of October.
- Buy costume contact lenses through a trusted eye care professional, a company recommended by one, or at least after thoroughly checking customer reviews and photographs. This is partly to protect against safety issues, but also to make sure buyers aren't misled by images that misrepresent the item's actual coloring.
Read more consumer complaints about buying Halloween costumes to get some useful tips.
PissedConsumer.com is a premier consumer advocacy group, featuring consumer reviews and complaints in a social networking environment. The company uses online tools to publicize reviews and complaints filed by consumers on the Internet. In addition, the website offers a set of free tools necessary to bring customer disputes to a fast and successful resolution, including a consumer complaint letter generator and collection of consumer tips and advice in the site’s consumer advocacy section.
For more information about PissedConsumer.com or consumer complaints related to Halloween shopping please visit PissedConsumer.com or contact Joanna Simpson at 262-674-6466.
Joanna Simpson, Media Relations
Opinion Corp. DBA PissedConsumer.com
1732 1st Ave #25581
New York, NY 10128