By highlighting common consumer complaints in this industry, homeowners will be aware of products and services that deserve extra caution or attention.
New York (PRWEB) June 22, 2017
U.S. consumer advocacy and customer complaints website, http://www.PissedConsumer.com, reveals some of the most common summer home construction and repair problems reported by homeowners. Data comes from recent customer reviews submitted to their database and through their social network.
"Summer is the high season for repair and home construction work," said Joanna Simpson of PissedConsumer.com. "By highlighting common consumer complaints in this industry, homeowners will be aware of products and services that deserve extra caution or attention. They can learn from the experiences of others before making significant financial investments into building a new home or taking on home improvement and repair projects.”
Common home repair and construction complaints include:
- Home developers’ construction mistakes, from pipes being improperly placed to drainage problems around new construction leading to flooding;
- Lawn care companies leaving lawns worse than they find them, from using inappropriate products for certain lawn types to not testing soil before choosing treatments, leading to extensive damage;
- Online nurseries delivering dead or incorrect plants;
- Fence and pool installation contractors causing property damage and voiding product warranties.
Whether hiring contractors or making purchases for do-it-yourself home improvement and repair projects, PissedConsumer.com suggests the following proactive measures that can save homeowners from costly mishaps:
- Read reviews and complaints about a company or product before making purchasing decisions. This showcases worst-case scenarios and can highlight negative trends in service or quality.
- Ask plenty of questions before working with contractors, from whether or not installation is covered in a purchase to whether or not resulting debris will be removed or will require a second hire.
- Pay special attention to warranties for big ticket items like fencing and pools, especially if they require the hiring of an independent contractor to handle installation. Know how installation problems might affect warranties and whether the installer or product manufacturer will cover resulting defects.
- If ordering online for summer home improvement projects, leave enough time for item replacements to be delivered as a precaution. This is especially important with online nurseries and ordering live plants where planting periods might be limited.
You can rexplore individual consumer complaints and reviews about home repair and construction companies to better prepare for the home construction season.
Joanna Simpson, Media Relations
Consumer Opinion LLC
1930 Village Center Circle #3-6853
Las Vegas, NV 89134