Now is the time of year when many people count on their tax refunds...By highlighting common consumer complaints in this area, as reported at PissedConsumer.com, we hope to help others avoid the same obstacles.
New York (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
U.S. consumer advocacy and customer complaints website, PissedConsumer.com assembled a list of common problems consumers face when trying to get their tax refunds or tax refund loans. Tips are offered to help minimize these kinds of stressful situations this tax season.
"Now is the time of year when many people count on their tax refunds," said Joanna Simpson of PissedConsumer.com. "Sometimes unexpected problems come up, either when dealing with tax preparation companies or trying to get an advance on an expected refund. By highlighting common consumer complaints in this area, as reported at PissedConsumer.com, we hope to help others avoid the same obstacles."
When it comes to getting a tax refund, the most common issues reported revolved around tax preparation companies, including those promoting tax refund loans. Examples include:
- tax return paperwork and preparation costs being higher than advertised;
- receiving incorrect eligibility information about tax refund loans;
- not receiving adequate information about repayment options for tax refund loans;
- being given gift cards as enticement to use a certain tax preparer, only to have the gift cards not work;
- general customer service complaints when dealing with tax preparers.
To avoid running into these kinds of problems when trying to get a tax refund, PissedConsumer.com suggests:
- getting referrals for tax preparers from trusted individuals;
- reviewing customer reviews online before choosing a tax preparation firm;
- shopping around to compare all incentives, costs, and tax refund loan terms;
- calling ahead to make sure a specific tax or income scenario is covered by a tax preparation company's advertised packages and fees.
Read more consumer complaints about tax preparation firms and tax refund loans to find out more about tax refunds and other related issues.
PissedConsumer.com is a premier consumer advocacy group, featuring consumer reviews and complaints in a social networking environment. The company uses online tools to publicize reviews and complaints filed by consumers on the Internet. In addition, the website offers a set of free tools necessary to bring customer disputes to a fast and successful resolution, including a consumer complaint letter generator and collection of consumer tips and advice in the site’s consumer advocacy section.
For more information about PissedConsumer.com or consumer complaints related to tax refunds please visit PissedConsumer.com or contact Joanna Simpson at 262-674-6466.
Joanna Simpson, Media Relations
Consumer Opinion LLC
1930 Village Center Circle #3-6853
Las Vegas, NV 89134