Growing awareness regarding the health benefits offered by polyphenols is expected to drive market penetration
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 14, 2014
The global market for polyphenols is expected to reach USD 1,025.7 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing geriatric population mainly in U.S., Western Europe and Japan is expected to drive polyphenols demand over the forecast period. Growing consumer awareness regarding health benefits offered by polyphenols is also expected to augment the demand, especially in relatively developed markets. Concerns regarding constant raw material procurement and non-uniform labeling regulations across various regional markets are expected to be key challenges for industry participants.
Grape seed polyphenols emerged as the leading product segment in the global market and accounted for 53.9% of total market volume in 2013. Green tea polyphenols are expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 8.9% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Polyphenols Market Analysis By Product (Grape Seed, Green Tea and Apple), By Application (Functional Beverages, Functional Food and Dietary Supplements) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyphenols-market-analysis.
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/359
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global polyphenol demand was 14,070.7 tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 24,992.1 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Functional beverages dominated the application market for polyphenols and accounted for 44.3% of total market volume in 2013. In addition to being the largest application market, functional beverages are also expected to be the fastest growing application market for polyphenols at an estimated CAGR of 9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific continued its dominance in the global market and accounted for 40.9% of total market volume in 2013. Along with being the largest market, Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing market for polyphenols, at an estimated CAGR of 9.2% from 2014 to 2020. Asia Pacific was followed by North America and Europe in 2013, in terms of consumption.
- The global market for polyphenols is highly concentrated and is led by top multinational corporations such as Naturex, Layn Natural Ingredients and Ajinomoto OmniChem Natural Specialties. Some of the other companies operating in the global market include, Indena, Frutarom Ltd., Diana Naturals, Chr. Hansen, DuPont-Danisco, ADM and Prinova.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyphenols-market-analysis/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global polyphenols market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Global Polyphenols Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Grape Seed
• Green Tea
- Global Polyphenols Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Functional Beverages
• Functional Food
• Dietary Supplements
- Polyphenols Regional Outlook (Volume, tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Interventional Cardiology Devices Market Analysis By Product (Catheters, PTCA Guidewires, Stents, Balloon Inflation Devices, PTCA Balloons) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/interventional-cardiology-devices-market-analysis) The global market for interventional cardiology devices is expected to reach USD 26.06 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing global geriatric population base and the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases are expected to drive market demand over the next six years. Growing demand for minimally invasive procedures owing to shorter hospital stays and faster patient recovery times associated with them is also expected to enhance device demand.
Glass Packaging Market Analysis By Application (Food and Beverage, Beer, Pharmaceuticals) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glass-packaging-market-analysis) The global market for Glass Packaging is expected to reach USD 68.4 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing beer consumption, especially in parts of Eastern Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to be a key driver for the growth of the market over the next five years. In addition, the increasing preference towards use of glass in packaging of food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics is further expected to boost the market in the near future. Alcoholic Beverages were the largest consumers of glass packaging and consumed over 25,000 kilo tons of glass in 2013.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519