PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) March 02, 2020
Pond Lehocky is proud to announce that the Philadelphia Business Journal has ranked it one of the city’s top law firms for the percentage of women attorneys. The firm ranked fifth in the list published Jan. 26.
The firm employs 21 female lawyers—47 percent of the attorneys working at the firm. More than 65 percent of the firm’s staff are women. In addition, the majority of Pond Lehocky's managers and three-fifths of its executive team are women.
Pond Lehocky has prioritized diversity and inclusion as central values in building its corporate culture. The firm is on a mission to diversify the legal industry. It realizes that diverse perspectives and fresh insights help the firm better connect with its clients, who come from all walks of life. It also helps the firm deliver innovative legal solutions to its clients’ most pressing problems.
Pond Lehocky works to promote gender equality and put its female attorneys and staff in leadership positions—both at the firm and in the overall legal community.
WOMEN'S ISSUES IN THE LAW
Pond Lehocky acknowledges that there is still a long way to go in the fight for gender equality. The firm is focusing on women’s issues and the law, including women’s rights in the workplace, particularly gender discrimination and sexual harassment. It is also referring mass tort matters affecting women, including litigation over talc products and transvaginal mesh.
INITIATIVES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Here are some of the ways that Pond Lehocky has promoted gender equality and diversity—both at the law firm and in the overall legal community:
- The firm hosted Women Connect, a networking event for women in the workplace featuring conversations with women leaders in the business world.
- Pond Lehocky was recently recognized for its attorney gender diversity for three straight years by The Legal Intelligencer.
- Associates Kajal Alemo, Danielle Webb, Ruxandra Osgood and Erica Shikunov participated in a March roundtable discussion at the Women, Diversity & Change Summit in Philadelphia. The topic was “Women & Self Advocacy: Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.”
- The firm recently named associate Erica Shikunov as the head of the Firm’s employment law department.
- In October 2018, associate attorney Alexis Handrich participated in The Legal Intelligencer’s Women in the Law Roundtable. Associate Kajal Alemo participated in a previous roundtable discussion.
- Associate Melissa Chandy participated in The Legal Intelligencer’s 2017 Diversity Roundtable.
- Associates Kajal Alemo, Ruxandra M. Osgood, Erica Shikunov and Danielle N. Webb spoke at the 2018 Women in Law & Leadership summit in Philadelphia.
- Associate Erica Shikunov authored an article providing needed perspective on the #metoo movement in the wake of the contentious Supreme Court confirmation process for Brett Kavanaugh.
Pond Lehocky opened its doors in July 2010. Today, it is the largest workers’ compensation and Social Security disability law firm in the region and has expanded nationwide with offices in New Jersey, New York and California. The firm has also recently added new practice areas for workers, including employment law and long-term disability, and has a national referral network, which has helped 86,000 clients with referrals.