Les Magsalay-Zeller, CEO of Pooki’s Mahi hit a home run with the packaging. Simple, modern, clean. I’m always looking for companies that ‘get it’ when it comes to messaging and branding their products. Can’t wait to see the next phase of Pooki’s Mahi.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 28, 2014
San Francisco’s 2013 Food & Beverage winner Pooki’s Mahi announced today the expansion of Pooki’s Mahi’s White Tea Collection by adding five tropical fusions and a traditional Asian tea. The teas fulfill customers’ request for unique tropical blends and traditional Asian teas.
Pooki’s Mahi’s White Coconut Crème tea was a hit with the celebrities and customers. Customers provided feedback to Pooki’s Mahi and a Customer Advisory Board for over a year before launching a pilot of the new teas late 2013.
“I love the smell of Pooki’s Mahi’s White Coconut Crème tea. It reminds me of being on a beach on a tropical island. I met Les Magsalay-Zeller, Founder/CEO of Pooki’s Mahi at the 65th Emmys Celebrity Red Carpet event,” says former Los Angeles Dodgers First Baseman Steve Garvey. He continues, “Who wouldn’t be very impressed with her story transitioning as a high tech company executive into starting a food & beverage brand using the knowledge she learned while in Fortune 100 Silicon Valley based high tech corporation? Les is focused, a bundle of energy and very determined on providing high end products at an affordable price for Pooki’s Mahi. She hit a home run with the packaging. Simple, modern, clean. I’m always looking for brands that “get it” when it comes to messaging and merchandising their products. Can’t wait to see the next phase of Pooki’s Mahi.”
The teas in the White Tea Fusions Collections are rare, using white tea as a base and infused with a super fruit combination. Functional blends of acai berries, black currants, pineapple, spicy peppercorns, blueberries, coconut, lavender, mint, and mangos are mixed with the white tea to form unique aromas and flavors.
The four new Pooki’s Mahi teas in the White Tea Fusions Collection are:
- Dark Berry Blast Tea: Pooki’s Mahi Dark Berry Blast tea is a majestic infusion of super fruits, tropical flavors and tart apples. A grandiose refreshment of acai and lush black currants is balanced with the soft floral aroma of hibiscus and rosehip flowers makes this white tea fusion a delicious brew. Pineapple bits add a tropical taste that is balanced by tart apples. This tea is best served as a chilled drink over ice, as ice cubes or enjoyed as a mid-afternoon energizer.
- Cinnamon Spice Duchess Tea: Pooki’s Mahi Cinnamon Spice Duchess intermingles cinnamon, peppercorn and marigolds to create a white tea fusion blend that smells of butterscotch, bold in flavor and rich in culture. This tea is robust infusion of spice notes from cinnamon and peppercorn.
- Blue Fruit Bomb Tea: A majestic summer picnic of organic cornflowers, organic blueberry, and lush white grapes in this royal antioxidant blend’s muse. Renown for “super fruit” power and the soft notes of the beautiful cornflowers, this white tea is a harmonious, delicious treat that is spontaneous, sweet and slightly tart.
- Wild Floral Blossom Tea: This is a fruit blend that has a light floral essence and smooth minty finish. Perfect for an after meal tea or a refreshment during breaks.
The teas in the White Tea Collections are rare and harvested once a year. The teas have a subtle taste, complex, naturally sweet and delicate. Pooki’s Mahi added the White Fur Silver Needle tea to the White Tea Collection:
- White Fur Silver Needle: Silver Needle is harvested only a few days each spring. It is the highest grade of white teas in the world. It is also a very rare tea. Silver Needle’s clear, delicate, nectar-like infusion has an evanescent sweetness and a mellow, lingering finish. This blends organic silver needle with jasmine blossoms creating an incredible floral aroma. Steeps a light golden infusion with a taste of jasmine and orchid. White tea contains the highest antioxidant level of all teas and is known for its detoxifying, stress-relieving and mood-lifting properties.
Not all teas are brewed the same. Pooki’s Mahi’s suppliers improved the formula and packaging for these teas. Teas now come in a handy reusable standup pouch that include brewing instructions for each specific tea and ingredient list. The new packaging utilizes icons to assist customers in identifying key information such as caffeine level, number of cups served and allergy warnings. Customers make informed buying decisions.
Pooki’s Mahi’s five new teas are available online now and can be purchased as a tea subscription and as part of the company’s Customer Referral Program, which offers rewards and discounts for new customer referrals. Free shipping is including in non-subscription purchases and subscription plans.
The Academy Awards ® is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences®. The Gift Suites where Pooki’s Mahi’s products are show cased are not authorized by and is not associated with the Academy of Motion Picure Arts and Sciences®, The Academy Awards®, or any of its official partners or vendors.
About Pooki’s Mahi:
Pooki’s Mahi is a Silicon Valley-based etailer offering exotic Hawaiian coffees, award-winning teas, sweeteners, gourmet salts, macadamia nuts and other specialty food products at reasonable prices. Since its online launch in 2013, Pooki’s Mahi products have been a favorite of customers, charities, celebrities and athletes and have been featured at red carpet events including Celebrity Gift Suites and Celebrity Poker tournaments. The products have been endorsed by many celebrities and athletes and seen on several television shows. Most recently Pooki’s Mahi products can be seen on the show “Boys Before Friends,” which airs on Viki.com.
Pooki’s Mahi, founded by Silicon Valley High Tech Executive Leslie Magsalay-Zeller, started with exotic coffees rated 95+ by Coffee Review from the world’s champion roastars and baristas and teas rated 90+ points by World Tea Ratings from the world’s champion brew masters. Today, their product offerings include a deluxe assortment of macadamia nut products, drink sweeteners like brown rock sugar, various gourmet salts and mcuh more. For more information on Pooki’s Mahi selection of exotic coffees, teas and other gourmet food products, visit http://www.pookismahi.com. To keep up with Pooki’s Mahi news an access special offers, join our email list and follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@pookismahi).