Using coupons online is a great way to shop as it offers consumers the chance to save anywhere from a couple dollars to hundreds of dollars or more in a single transaction.
Santa Monica, CA (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
Clipping on Sunday is not the only way to save using coupons anymore as more than two-thirds (69%) of Americans at least sometimes use promotional codes when shopping online, according to a survey conducted online in May by Harris Interactive among 2,085 U.S. adults on behalf of PromotionalCodes.com. While coupons have thrived over the years in tough economic times, such as the Great Depression, they’ve now become a way of life for savvy savers looking to save money on any and every purchase.
Coupons have evolved from their origin in 1888 when they were first used to market a new soda, Coca-Cola, and now PromotionalCodes.com users most search for discounts on car rentals, flights, hotels, handbags and cell phones. As technology has progressed, coupons have as well; even accessible now in an instant via mobile apps empowering consumers with the possibility to comparison shop for better prices while standing in a store.
“Using coupons online is a great way to shop as it offers consumers the chance to save anywhere from a couple dollars to hundreds of dollars or more in a single transaction,” said PromotionalCodes.com consumer savings expert Regina Novickis. “It can be confusing for beginners to know exactly how to find the best deals that are accurate and up-to-date, however.”
In honor of National Coupon Month, the savings team at PromotionalCodes.com put together do’s and don’ts for shoppers who want to save the most money in a safe and secure way:
- Make sure to take advantage of the “promotional code” box at checkout. If there is a box, there is probably a code that can be found on sites like PromotionalCodes.com.
- Share your coupons with your friends. Everyone loves a good deal! If the coupon applies to a purchase value that is greater than what you planned to spend, go in with a friend or family member to share the savings.
- Some retailers such a Pier 1 Imports allow you to use more than one coupon or code in the same offer, especially with free shipping coupons, so stack coupons when you can.
- Follow your favorite brands on social media sites as they often will provide special offers for their followers.
- Don't make an in-store purchase without comparing prices online. You can often find the item cheaper online PLUS most retailers offer free shipping. Using a smart phone is an easy way to make sure you're getting the best price.
- Don’t pay for coupons, as an upfront fee for access to discount coupons is often a sign they are fraudulent.
- Don’t give out personal information for access to coupons or promotional codes. Legitimate sites will never ask for this kind of information. Certainly feel free to sign up for a newsletter to receive offers directly; however, this should not be a requirement to access codes.
- Don’t be committed to one brand or store only. Comparison shop online to find the best deal for the product for which you’re looking.
For more information or to find the latest promotional codes and discounts, visit PromotionalCodes.com or follow the site on Facebook or Twitter. Android and iPhone users can also find the latest deals on the free PromotionalCodes.com Coupon App.
PromotionalCodes.com is a coupon savings website that provides thousands of free online coupons and promotional codes from top brand names like Macy’s, Target, Home Depot, Travelocity, Dell and many more. The site is developed by Santa Monica-based SurfMyAds.com, Inc., which also owns and operates Coupons.ca, Codes.co.uk, Codes.de, CouponWinner.com, PromoCodes.com and myShoes.com, a shoe shopping website. For more information, visit SurfMyAds.com.
The referenced survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Surf My Ads.com, Inc., from May 29-31, 2013 among 2,085 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Candice Cerro: Candice(dot)Cerro(at)surfmyads(dot)com.