SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) December 18, 2019
GayCities — the world’s most visited LGBTQ community-driven travel site — today announced the winners in the eleventh edition of the “Best of GayCities” program.
GayCities readers shattered previous records by voting more than 130,000 times for hundreds of the world’s best destinations in fifteen eclectic categories, ranging from “Dive Bar to Die For” to Best “Fun in the Sun” Getaway.
San Francisco took top voter honors as “Best City 2019.”
GayCities also announced special awards for “Destination of the Year” and “Innovator of the Year.” These honors went to New York City for Stonewall 50 and creating a full year of Pride, and to Jeff Guaracino, President, Visit Philadelphia.
Silver and bronze winners can be found at https://www.gaycities.com/best-of-2019/, and the complete list of gold category winners is below:
- Best City: San Francisco
- Innovator Award: Jeff Guaracino, President, Visit Philadelphia
- Destination of The Year: New York City
- Monument to Our History: Gay Liberation Monument (New York City)
- Dive Bar to Die For: The Eagle (New York City)
- Ski Weeks That Heat You Up: Aspen Gay Ski Week (Colorado)
- Group Tour: Out Adventures
- Beauty Rest Boutique: Kimpton Hotels
- Fun in the Sun: Black’s Beach (San Diego)
- Chill Getaway: Palm Springs (California)
- Drag Bar Extraordinaire: Aqua (Key West)
- Fabulous Cabaret Artist: Steve Grand
- Beloved Local Drag Queen: Jackie Beat (Los Angeles)
- Romantic City: Paris
- Timeless ‘Hood: Boystown (Chicago)
- Hidden Gem: Savannah (Georgia)
- Best Weekend: Southern Decadence (New Orleans)
Q.Digital CEO Scott Gatz said the awards program is a tribute to the forward-thinking attitudes of LGBTQ travelers. “The LGBTQ community has long-been known to create and discover travel trends, and GayCities has continued to be a valuable source due to user-generated content from LGBTQ travelers around the globe. Gatz continued, “This year, we saw continued admiration for cities such as New York and San Francisco, in addition to newcomers such as Savannah, Calgary and Nashville.”
“GayCities members have made GayCities into the number one site to discover where to go and what to see all over the world, and I want to sincerely thank each individual who voted. Your votes not only encourage worldwide destinations and businesses to continue partnering with LGBTQ travelers, but also help us gauge changing trends and sentiments among our dynamic community.”
For more information on the awards, please visit: https://www.gaycities.com/best-of-2019/.
Q.Digital is a fast-growing LGBTQ-owned and operated media company catering to the LGBTQ community, which saw record-breaking revenue growth in 2019. The company operates GayCities, the location based social network that helps people uncover the best of what’s happening everywhere, Queerty, the entertainment site that’s “free of an agenda, except that gay one,” and LGBTQ Nation, the world’s most followed LGBTQ news site with more than 1.6 million Facebook fans.
Together the media sites reach over eight million consumers each month, making it a first stop for advertisers looking to reach a valuable, highly targeted audience.
For more information, please visit http://www.q.digital.
For Media & Press Inquiries:
Jordan Star: firstname.lastname@example.org