Our goal with the Javelin program is to go far beyond ‘aftercare’ to provide a full year of support so that clients can maintain their recovery long-term.
Long Beach, CA (PRWEB) February 04, 2015
Recognizing that addiction is a chronic disease that requires long-term management, Elements Behavioral Health is launching the JavelinSM program, an evidence-based, one-year continuing care program that will eventually span Elements’ entire nationwide network of treatment centers. The program was introduced last month at The Recovery Place in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and will soon be available to clients at other Elements facilities.
“Decades of research have shown that addiction is a chronic disease, yet most treatment programs continue to treat addiction as an episodic, acute illness,” says David Sack, MD, CEO of Elements Behavioral Health. “Our goal with the Javelin program is to go far beyond ‘aftercare’ to provide a full year of support so that clients can maintain their recovery long-term.”
After completing treatment, clients and their families work closely with their Javelin coach to minimize triggers, set and monitor goals through regular drug screens and a system of rewards and accountability, and establish a healthy social support network – all of which have proven effective in promoting long-term recovery.
Specifically, the Javelin program includes:
- In-person meetings with a Javelin program coach before leaving treatment and regular contact via phone, text and email for 12 months after treatment
- Regular contact with the client’s family or other support system to help guide goal- and boundary-setting
- Assistance in establishing and maintaining a healthy social support network
- Connection to other program participants and alumni
- Behavioral contracts
- Positive reinforcement for ongoing sobriety and accountability for noncompliance
- Ongoing education and coaching tailored to the client’s needs
- Access to life skills training modules and activities
- Treatment monitoring, including drug screens when indicated
- Assistance with proactive identification of the need for re-intervention and/or a change in environment
“We believe the name ‘Javelin’ reflects the strengths of the program,” says Janet Tewhill, Senior Vice President of Continuing Care at Elements Behavioral Health. “The javelin is known as a graceful, long-distance weapon and tool. At Elements’ family of treatment centers, the Javelin program will be a powerful weapon against relapse as well as an elegant tool in promoting long-term recovery.”
About The Recovery Place
The Recovery Place is one of Florida’s premier drug and alcohol treatment centers. The Recovery Place provides individualized, client-centered addiction treatment with multiple programs to fit clients’ needs, including detox, day treatment, intensive outpatient care and residential treatment. Located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, The Recovery Place provides high-quality, affordable addiction treatment in a comfortable, real-world environment. For more information about The Recovery Place, call (855) 893-5987 or visit http://www.recoveryplace.com.
The Recovery Place is part of the Elements Behavioral HealthSM family of behavioral health care programs. Elements Behavioral Health offers comprehensive, innovative treatment for substance abuse, sexual addiction, trauma, eating disorders and other mental health disorders. We are committed to delivering clinically sophisticated treatment that promotes permanent lifestyle change, not only for the patient but for the entire family system. For more information about Elements Behavioral Health, visit http://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com.