“Optimizer makes life for satellite phone users easier, and gives satellite phone service providers a turnkey way to offer the services people want.”
Maryville, TN (PRWEB) September 14, 2016
RedPort Global, the leader in advancing satellite data speeds and services, today announced the launch of the Optimizer Personal wXa-122 Satellite Wi-Fi Hotspot. RedPort changed the way people use satellite phones with the introduction of the original Optimizer in 2011; for the first time, satellite phone users could easily access accelerated email, the web, weather data and social media with their Wi-Fi enabled smartphones, tablets, and computers. The updated Optimizer hotspot brings a faster processor to support future services while retaining all of the hotspot’s features, including compatibility with RedPort XGate satellite data services and Halo long-range Wi-Fi extender.
“Optimizer and XGate have been some of the key drivers of the rapid increase in the usage of satellite phone data services,” said Dr. Luis Soltero, CTO of RedPort Global. “This update keeps Optimizer hardware on the cutting edge for the hundreds of thousands of mobile satellite phones that work with it. Together with XGate satellite data services, Optimizer provides access to satellite email, web, weather and social media services. Optimizer makes life for satellite phone users easier, and gives satellite phone service providers a turnkey way to offer the services people want.”
Optimizer is also a key component of the RedPort Halo long-range Wi-Fi extender, where it provides the local hotspot that lets users connect to remote Wi-Fi networks from farther away. Features and specifications for the router can be found on the RedPort Global web site at: http://www.redportglobal.com/marine-satellite-internet-firewall-routers/router-models/optimizer-satellite-firewall-and-wi-fi-hotspot/
Included Optimizer Features and Services:
- Satellite Connection Control
Optimizer turns any IP-based satellite data signal into a Wi-Fi Hotspot or local Ethernet network, letting customers use their existing smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- GSM Cell Phone Connectivity
Customers control GSM by selecting the country and provider for their SIM, allowing access to GSM as needed, while avoiding GSM when roaming in areas where it is more expensive than satellite.
A powerful firewall accommodates virtually any common installation scenario, with features including block or allow any range of port, IP addresses, and protocols.
Hotspot makes setup and use with compatible computers and tablets easy.
- GPS Tracking
Works with any GSATrack-based service (including RedPort Tracking), the world’s most widely used satellite GPS tracking service.
- NMEA GPS Repeater
Locally broadcast your GPS location via Wi-Fi for access by any NMEA compliant device.
Optimizer works with XGate, the world’s most widely-used independent satellite data optimization services, including RedPort XGate, Iridium Mail & Web, Globalstar Sat-Fi, Network Innovations Speedmail, Satphone.me, Telecom Italia mail, providing accelerated email, web, weather social media and blogging services. Application services include:
- Email – Save up to 85% on satellite airtime fees, and get your email up to 20 times faster than with traditional email services. XGate works with Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo! Mail, corporate mail services and more. Or, use a dedicated XGate email address for maximum security and performance.
- Web compression – Browse the web up to 10 times faster than uncompressed speeds over satellite, while also blocking ads, checking for malicious sites and compressing images.
- PredictWind Offshore Weather – XGate integrates with PredictWind Offshore, the award-winning weather app for requesting, downloading and viewing GRIB weather files.
- Send Photo – XGate compresses, resizes and sends photos over satellite. 2MB iPhone photos can be compressed to images as small as 25 Kb. Users can select the size and quality of images.
- Social Media – Send updates to your Facebook or Twitter account via satellite without needing to access the web.
- Blogging – Users get free access to a Sailblogs premium basic account to help them share their adventures while traveling with their satphone.
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, 8, Vista and 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions
- Apple Macintosh
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Google Android smartphones and tablets
Works with all standard satellite equipment including:
- Globalstar GSP-1700, plus legacy phones with an optional adapter
- Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro, BGAN, FleetBroadband,
- Iridium 9555, Extreme, OpenPort, Pilot, and legacy phones with an optional adapter
- Thuraya IP
- VSAT systems
About RedPort Global
RedPort Global, the leader in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use email, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email, web, and vessel tracking systems. Ship to shore marine satellite solutions are offered as branded or white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers. RedPort Global is a Global Marine Networks brand.
For more information on how RedPort Global is Making Airtime Count™ – whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments, visit http://www.redportglobal.com