“We are proud to present the first class of Remington AHLA Apprentice participants, providing them the tools and direction needed to develop each of these impressive associates into future general managers," says Sloan Dean, chief operating officer at Remington Hotels.
DALLAS (PRWEB) August 12, 2019
Remington Hotels proudly announces 20 leading associates selected to participate in the accredited American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) Lodging Manager Apprenticeship Program. Launched in 2017 in partnership with AHLA’s charitable giving arm – the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation (AHLEF) - the AHLA Apprenticeship Program addresses the need to build the next generation of managers and supervisors for the lodging industry. Selected to build a bench strength of hospitality managers, Remington Hotels associates participate in the self-paced training both online and at their respective properties with mentorship and direction guided by current Remington general managers, executive leadership and human resources.
“With a goal of fostering career development opportunities, Remington is committed to identifying high potential leaders and cultivating talent,” says Sloan Dean, chief operating officer at Remington Hotels. “We are proud to present the first class of Remington AHLA Apprentice participants, providing them the tools and direction needed to develop each of these impressive associates into future general managers.”
Selected Remington Hotels AHLA Apprentices were nominated by general managers and interviewed to gauge commitment and interest in participating in the structured training program. The 20 selected leaders include:
- Velvet Barry, controller/hr director, Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens
- Katie Kraus, front office manager, Hampton Inn Buford
- Kelbie Reynolds, front office manager, Jacksonville Residence Inn Butler Boulevard
- Bethanie Williamson, front office manager, Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
- Mariah Kennedy, front office manager, Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens
- Luis Rivas, front office supervisor, Marriott Dallas Ft. Worth Airport
- Mayra Rodriguez, front office supervisor, Renaissance Palm Springs
- Simone D’Agostino, front office supervisor, Westin Princeton Hotel
- Brittany Kinney, front office manager, Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
- Ricky Robinson, food & beverage director, Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
- Isaac Gonzalez, restaurant supervisor, Beverly Hills Marriott
- Issa Arsala, front office manager, Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Brittany Rylander, accountant II, Dallas Marriott Medical/Market Center
- Shirley Jimenez Rosario, housekeeping supervisor, One Ocean Resort & Spa
- Sohail Mojaddidy, food & beverage manager, Fremont Marriott
- Megan Annuschat, front office manager, Stillwater Residence Inn
- Drew Pannel, restaurant supervisor, Marriott Dallas Ft. Worth Airport
- Danny Welsh, bartender, One Ocean Resort & Spa
- Martha Ruth Escobar Barrios, assistant executive housekeeper, Sugar Land Marriott
- Matthias Hinrichs, food & beverage manager, Le Pavillon
Funded and accredited through the Department of Labor, the AHLA management apprenticeship program was designed to align certification with the fundamentals of apprenticeship and was constructed using more than 100 competencies found in leading AHLA certifications. The result is an industry-created, competency-based, apprenticeship program that offers a direct path to upper management and credential attainment. Apprentices in the program earn while they learn, and also acquire two industry certifications and credit toward a college degree. Boasting tremendous success in the first two years, the program is yielding an impressive 94 percent retention rate for employers – a testament to the model and its labor cost impacts.
For additional information about AHLA’s apprenticeship program, please contact Shelly Weir (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit http://www.AHLA.com/Apprenticeship.
Remington is a dynamic and growing hotel management company providing top quality service and expertise in property management and condominium hotel management. Founded in 1968, the hospitality group has grown into a premier service provider and today manages 88 hotels in 27 states across 17 different brands, as well as several luxury and independently flagged hotels. For more information, call (972) 980-2700 or visit http://www.remingtonhotels.com.