We’re freeing users from the shackles of two-year contracts and offering the Moto X, an exciting new smartphone for just $299 without a contract, plus new plans that will allow our members to save even more money on their monthly smartphone bills.
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) September 19, 2013
Republic Wireless, home of the hybrid Wi-Fi and cellular smartphone that helps consumers save money on smartphone service, today announced they will offer Motorola’s new flagship smartphone, the Moto X, plus a wider range of price plans, including two unlimited plans that cost less than $19 per month.
“We rocked the industry when we introduced our $19 unlimited smartphone plan, but we knew we could do even better,” said David Morken, co-founder and CEO of Republic Wireless. “Today, we’re lowering the bar again. We’re freeing users from the shackles of two-year contracts and offering the Moto X, an exciting new smartphone for just $299 without a contract, plus new plans that will allow our members to save even more money on their monthly smartphone bills. To us, it’s simple, really – it’s the way wireless should be. Smartphones that are affordable and accessible for everyone.”
The Moto X smartphone will be available on the Republic Wireless network starting in November. Uniquely optimized for superior voice, text and data while on Wi-Fi and cellular, the Moto X is packed with handy features such as:
- Touchless Control – Moto X responds to voice commands - no touching necessary. Make calls, check the weather, get directions, or do just about anything without touching any physical buttons. Just talk.
- Active Display – Moto X is always ready to show important information at a glance. Check the time or see notifications pulse quietly on the screen without unnecessarily waking up the phone and burning through the battery.
- Motorola Assist – Moto X can detect if it is being used in a moving vehicle and automatically read incoming text messages aloud or tell who's calling. It can even automatically respond with a text reply that lets people know you're behind the wheel.
- Quick Capture Camera – With a 10 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front facing camera for clear video calling, the camera launches with two twists of the wrist. Take pictures by tapping on the screen or hold a finger on the display to take rapid-fire multiple shots. Swipe from left to right to access camera settings, including HDR, flash, tap to focus, slow motion (for video), panorama, Geo-Tag and shutter tone.
For more information and full specifications, click here.
Save Money on Smartphone Service – Buy Only What is Necessary
“$19 is an amazing price, but after working with our members and watching usage patterns over the last 20 months, it became clear that many could pay less than $19 a month,” Morken adds. “One size doesn’t fit all in this market. Some folks are around Wi-Fi most of the time, and use cellular data very rarely. We set out on a mission to create plans that will unlock even more savings for those individuals – on the phone and the monthly service. We’re pumped to unveil four new plans that reset the bar for pricing plans in this industry.”
Effective November, Republic members can pick from one of several pricing plans, selecting a plan that best fits their lifestyle versus overpaying for cellular service they don’t need.
- Unlimited talk, text, and data, on Wi-Fi only - $5/month
- Unlimited talk and text on Wi-Fi and cellular, and unlimited data on Wi-Fi - $10/month
- Unlimited talk, text and data on Wi-Fi, plus 3G cellular - $25/month
- Unlimited talk, text and data on Wi-Fi, plus 4G cellular - $40/month
Republic members can switch plans right on the phone or from their online account portal up to two times each month as usage needs change. Republic’s original $19/month unlimited plan will still be available on the Motorola DEFY™ XT and the signature 30-day money back guarantee is still in place for all plans.
Additional phones at various price points will be introduced for Republic Wireless in the coming months.
“The bottom line is with Republic Wireless you get great Wi-Fi-cellular smartphone service plus you never have to pay for more than you need,” Morken adds. “And when you aren’t on Wi-Fi, the phone operates just like a normal smartphone on the nationwide network of Sprint.”
About Republic Wireless
Named ‘Disruptor of the Year’ by Entrepreneur Magazine, Republic Wireless helps consumers save money on smartphone service. Republic Wireless, a division of Bandwidth, headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, is spearheading a wireless freedom movement to return value and control of the smartphone experience to members by leveraging the power of both Wi-Fi and cellular networks. Our Hybrid Calling uses Wi-Fi in the home, office or anywhere else as the primary network for calls, texts and data. When outside of Wi-Fi coverage, the smartphone works just like a typical cellphone on the cellular networks of national CDMA carriers. Visit http://www.republicwireless.com/ for more information. Media resource center here.