Customers have been asking for an affordable device for family members who want their first smartphone or to replace their home phone. With a $99 price tag and no contract, Moto E is a perfect fit for people that want great quality at an affordable price.
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) September 17, 2014
Republic Wireless harnesses the power of WiFi and cellular calling to save consumers money on wireless service and today announced the upcoming availability of Moto E. Offering customization and style at an exceptionally affordable price point, Moto E pairs perfectly with Republic Wireless’ no-contract plans that start as low as $5 per month. The phone will be available for purchase in October.
“At Republic, our mission has always been about unlocking remarkable value for our members” said David Morken, co-founder and CEO of Republic Wireless. “Our members have been asking for an affordable device for those in the family who wanted their first smartphone or to replace their home phone. With a $99 price tag and no contract, Moto E is a perfect fit for people that want great quality at an affordable price. Combined with our WiFi-first plans, it’s a fantastic addition to our product line.”
Moto E is designed to last, with a 1980 mAh battery, water-resistant splash guard, and a 4.3-inch Corning® Gorilla® Glass display. It brings features normally reserved for a high-end smartphone to the sub-$100 price point, such as a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 200 processor, microSD card slot for up to 32GB of additional storage, and a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera. Optimized for superior voice, text and data while on WiFi and offering seamless connectivity when moving from WiFi coverage to the cellular network, Moto E is packed with a number of unique experiences, including:
- 4.3-inch Display – Moto E offers a 4.3-inch qHD (540x960) display that is the sharpest in its class, with an anti-smudge coating and Corning® Gorilla® Glass for durability.
- Android 4.4 KitKat – Moto E launches with Android 4.4 KitKat, the latest version of the popular Android operating system.
- Motorola Migrate – Easily transfer messages, photos, video, music and more from an old smartphone with Motorola Migrate. It has never been so easy to switch and save in the process.
- Motorola Alert – Perfect for peace of mind, Motorola Alert enables the user to alert pre-selected emergency contacts when in a location that may not be safe. Additionally, users can send automatic messages to emergency contacts when leaving safe areas and sound an alarm when needed.
Whether purchasing as a low cost replacement for a home phone or as a great first smartphone, Republic members can choose one of several pricing plans to pair with Moto E, selecting the option that best fits their lifestyle instead of overpaying for cellular service they don’t need. Plans include:
- Unlimited data, talk, and text on WiFi only – $5/month
- Unlimited talk and text on WiFi and cellular, and unlimited data on WiFi – $10/month
- Unlimited data, talk, and text on WiFi, plus on-network 3G cellular – $25/month
Moto E will be available for purchase in October for $99 at RepublicWireless.com, select MicroCenter retail stores, and select college retail locations around the country. The Republic Wireless online store will also offer a full range of Moto E shells in a variety of colors. From violet to blue, Moto E shells can be changed whenever the mood strikes, allowing for individual style and personalization.
For more on the Republic Wireless Moto E, visit http://www.republicwireless.com/.
About Republic Wireless
Recognized in the 2014 PCMag.com Readers Choice Awards as having better overall customer satisfaction than the largest four national carriers, Republic Wireless is a service provider dedicated to helping consumers save money on their smartphone service. A division of Bandwidth and headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Republic Wireless is spearheading a wireless freedom movement to return value and control of the smartphone experience to members. Leveraging the power of both WiFi and cellular networks, Republic’s Hybrid technology uses WiFi in the home, office or anywhere else as the primary network for calls, texts and data. When outside of WiFi coverage, the smartphone utilizes the cellular networks of national CDMA carriers. Visit http://www.republicwireless.com/ for more information.