We must rise up and resist any attempt to degrade human rights. Our journey to defend and uphold these liberties will continue until we reach the finish line. RISE UP. RUN. BE HEARD.
Past News ReleasesRSS
(PRWEB) June 23, 2017
The nationwide Rise Up 5K will be held on July 1, 2017 with the goal of continuing the momentum started with the Women’s March held in January while raising money for civil liberty charity organizations. Runs have been organized all across the U.S. with over 5,000 participants registered so far.
Participation is open to all ages. To find a location near you, go to http://www.RiseUp5K.org.
“The Women’s March on January 21 was one of the largest political demonstrations the world has seen,” said Ashleigh Teeter, Rise Up 5K Executive Director. “We will continue that momentum by standing united again – this time at the start line. We must rise up and resist any attempt to degrade human rights. Our journey to defend and uphold these liberties will continue until we reach the finish line. RISE UP. RUN. BE HEARD.”
100% of the net proceeds will be donated to these charities:
- Women’s Rights: Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. | The Center for Reproductive Rights
- Climate Change: Natural Resources Defense Council
- Immigrants’ Rights: The National Immigration Law Center
- LGBTQ Rights: The Trevor Project
- Civil Rights: The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Foundation | The Southern Poverty Law Center
About CARES, Inc.
CARES is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides an event co-production platform for empowering charities and schools with the ability to co-produce a consolidated running event benefiting multiple partner organizations.