The information participants learn in this class can serve them throughout their lifetime.
PHILADELPHIA, Penn (PRWEB) October 31, 2016
Kyle Rolek CFP® of Rolek Retirement Strategies will be instructing “Retirement Planning Today,” an adult learning program and workshop to be scheduled at a variety of colleges in the Philadelphia area. The first program will be held in November at LaSalle University’s Bucks County Center in Newtown, Pennsylvania.
Retirement planning in today’s economic environment poses challenges that most aging Americans don’t foresee. Through this formal adult learning program, Rolek—a certified financial planner—brings his expertise in retirement planning into the classroom to help re-retirees and newly retired individuals empower themselves to make informed decisions regarding their financial future.
Retirement Planning Today (RPT) teaches pre-retirees (age 50-70) how to plan a successful retirement that focuses on sound financial strategies that help them gain a clear understanding of recent tax changes, building a nest egg, protecting assets from potential long-term health expenses, managing investment risks and more.
The two-day RTP course addresses financial issues pertaining to the self-employed as well as employees of corporations and government agencies. Course attendees learn how to build wealth and assess their financial situation to develop a personalized plan to achieve their individual goals for retirement. Rolek, a certified financial planner and fiduciary, brings his expertise in retirement planning to the classroom to help pre-retirees make informed decisions regarding their future after leaving the workplace.
According to Rolek, the course has something for everyone, whether they’re recently retires, planning to retire next year or in 20 years.
“The information participants learn in this class can serve them throughout their lifetime,” Rolek says.
The RTP course preview includes:
Life Planning for Retirement
- Traditional vs. new retirement
- New retirement opportunities
- Values and objectives in nine areas of life
- The retirement planning process
- Retirement needs and expenses
- Early retirement trends
- How long must your money last?
- Inflation, prices and purchasing power
- Retirement expectations
- How much will you need to retire?
- Can you retire today?
- Retirement roadblocks and mistakes
- Retirement planning mistakes
- Financial and cash-flow statements
- Credit and debt
- Taxes and marginal tax rates
- Strategies to save money on taxes
- Taxable investments
- Capital gains income tax exclusion
- Investments with tax advantages
- Retirement Income Sources
- Traditional vs. Roth IRAs
- IRA to Roth IRA conversions
- Other retirement income sources
- Social Security eligibility and benefits
- Recent changes in Social Security
- Defined benefits vs defined contributions
Retirement Plan Distributions
- Lump sum vs. IRA transfer vs. annuities
- Rollovers, direct rollovers and transfers
- Annuity income and choices
- Early retirement considerations
- Minimum required distributions
- Section 6 – Investments
- Considerations before you invest
- Cash, stocks, bonds
- Mutual funds, exchange traded funds
- Unit investment trusts
- Individually managed accounts
- Tax-deferred annuities
- Investment risk management strategies
Risk management and asset protection
- Disability income insurance
- Health insurance and Medicare
- Long-term care and insurance
- Comparing life insurance
- Planning for incapacity
- A will may not be enough
- Gifting assets
- Joint ownership of property
- Direct transfer assets
- Types of trusts
Unlike financial seminars or steak dinners that focus on a specific topic, the comprehensive RPT course helps attendees glean a “big picture” experience by examining many aspects of personal finance and how they can work together to create an integrated retirement plan. The course is educational and non-commercial—no specific financial products will be discussed or sold.
Course attendees with financial questions that are personal in nature or relate to specific financial products may arrange a personal consultation with Rolek after the course is complete at no additional charge.
The two-day course and workshop includes a 223-page illustrated textbook. Couples may attend together for a single registration fee.
To learn more about the “Retirement Planning Today” course and workshop, including dates and registration information, visit the Rolek Retirement website, email kyle.rolek(at)rolekretirement(dot)com, or call 267.427.5667.
About Rolek Retirement Strategies:
Founded by Certified Financial Planner® Kyle Rolek, Rolek Retirement Strategies is a full service retirement advisory firm focused on enhancing retirement security through education. Rolek Retirement Strategies provides live retirement workshops hosted at universities throughout the U.S. Rolek Retirement Strategies provides award winning educational videos, calculators and articles to the public.
About Retirement Planning Today:
Since 2004, Retirement Planning Today® courses have been conducted at thousands of educational venues across the U.S. Courses are taught exclusively by authorized instructors licensed to offer investment advice (Series 65/66), regulated by state or federal Securities and Exchange Commission.