The most important thing you can do is not drink and drive.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) December 31, 2014
New Year’s Eve is a time of celebrating, letting go of the past, and setting new goals for ourselves and our futures. But, for some, it is a time of too much celebrating and then getting behind the wheel. The San Diego personal injury lawyers of The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock A.P.C. are offering tips for staying safe this New Year’s Eve and throughout the New Year.
“The most important thing you can do is not drink and drive,” said Melinda Helbock, founder of The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock A.P.C.“Even one or two drinks can impair your ability to think clear.”
Helbock and her staff provide the following safety tips to remember this Holiday season:
- The best thing to do is not to drink and drive at all — if you are celebrating, you should arrange a ride with a sober driver or call a cab ahead of time to be sure you have a safe and reliable ride home.
- Use Uber — Uber is a safe and reliable driving service that is now available to San Diego residents. Simply sign up at uber.com and you will have access to hundreds of reliable and safe drivers in the San Diego area. You can choose the type of car you would like to be picked up in, so if you are feeling fancy this New Year’s Eve, you can request a town car.
- Remember that if you have one drink and someone else hits you, you may be found liable for any injuries and damages even if the accident isn’t your fault — it just isn’t worth it.
- You may consider staying home with your family and not being out on the roads at all — even if you aren’t drinking and driving, other drivers on the road may be intoxicated and unsafe.
- If you are out on the roads, pay extra attention to other drivers around you and keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead — just because you haven’t been drinking and driving doesn’t mean the driver next to you made the same choice.
About The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock A.P.C.
The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock A.P.C. is a San Diego based personal injury firm that represents personal injury victims and their families in injury and wrongful death claims involving negligence. The attorneys have vast experience in auto accidents involving drunk drivers. To learn more about the firm, visit Helbocklaw.com.