This update keeps XGate on the cutting edge as it works with the industry’s newest and most technically advanced satellite Wi-Fi terminals, letting more users in more places stay in touch.
Maryville, TN (PRWEB) July 30, 2014
RedPort Global, the leader in advancing satellite data speeds and services, today announced that it has updated the industry-leading XGate satellite email and data service to provide data services with the Globalstar Sat-Fi and Iridium GO! satellite Wi-Fi terminals. Customers will be able to access these services using the devices they already have, including smartphones, tablets and computers running Apple iOS, Google Android, Macintosh and Microsoft Windows. XGate provides compression and optimization of data services for satellite users in order to save on airtime and increase data speeds and usability.
“XGate has been the leading independent satellite email service since its introduction in 2002.” said Dr. Luis Soltero, CTO of RedPort Global. “This update keeps XGate on the cutting edge as it works with the industry’s newest and most technically advanced satellite Wi-Fi terminals, letting more users in more places stay in touch.”
RedPort XGate subscribers can use the Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones, tablets and computers they already own to easily access accelerated email, the web, weather data and social media with these new satelite BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) satellite terminals. XGate also works with other “Powered by RedPort” devices, including:
- RedPort Optimizer, a satellite Wi-Fi hotspot that connects with any modern satellite phone via USB or Ethernet;
- RedPort Aurora Iridium Satellite Wi-Fi Terminal
- SatStation Wi-Fi docks for Iridium and Inmarsat
XGate services include:
- Email – Email service offers up to 20 times acceleration versus uncompressed speeds, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime
- Web compression – Compression uses a web proxy service to provide users with 3-5 times average web acceleration, while also blocking ads, checking for malicious sites and compressing images.
- Weather – Users easily get free GRIB files via email from many online services, showing weather and oceanographic data with their compatible GRIB file viewer.
- Social media – Users can post text and photos to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Blogging – Users get free access to a Sailblogs premium basic account to help them share their adventures while travelling with their satphone
XGate Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, Vista and 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions
- Apple Macintosh
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Google Android smartphones and tablets
RedPort XGate is also offered by leading satellite service providers as a white-label solution under other brand names, including: OCENS Mail, Network Innovations Speedmail, Satphonestore.com Satphone.Me, MVS MVSMail, SatLink from BlueCosmo and SatWorx, , and XGate for Telecom Italia. XGate is also offered as a branded solution by Iridium and Globalstar for use with their own devices.
About RedPort Global
RedPort Global, the leader in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use email, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email, WeatherNet weather and oceanographic data software, and vessel tracking systems. Ship to shore marine satellite solutions are offered as branded or white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers. RedPort Global is a Global Marine Networks brand.
For more information on how RedPort Global is Making Airtime Count™ – whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments visit http://www.redportglobal.com