Scytl election modernization technology will allow MAEDI to streamline the election process and provide a more accessible, secure and verifiable online voting process.
Paris & Barcelona (PRWEB UK) 2 June 2016
Scytl, the worldwide leader in secure online voting and election modernization solutions, announces Scytl election modernization technology has once again been selected by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development (MAEDI) for the delivery of their next generation election modernization platform that will provide end-to-end election process efficiencies and ensure the highest levels of security and verifiability for French voters abroad.
Capitalizing on the experience and success of the Scytl online voting technology deployed in 2012 and 2014, MAEDI has begun the implementation of the new platform that fully integrates various electoral processes from candidate management, multi-channel voting, voter / vote verification and results consolidation and publication. The new solution will provide the highest levels of accessibility for voters, candidates and election administrators and will be hosted to allow for efficient deployment under highly constrained timelines.
“We are extremely proud to provide the most advanced and secure technology that will enable each and every French citizen abroad a more efficient and effective election and voting experience,” says Jean Souto, Senior Vice President, Scytl. “Scytl election modernization technology will allow MAEDI to streamline the election process and provide a more accessible, secure and verifiable online voting process.”
The new platform not only provides full scalability to meet the needs of different elections, but can also be configured to deploy just the modules required for each type of election. In 2017, for example, the full platform will be used for the Legislative elections and the full platform without online voting will be used for the Presidential elections.
Meeting the Specific Needs of Overseas Voters Across the Election Process
Catering to its commitment to the broadest principles governing democratic elections and ensuring the equal voting rights for all French citizens, the new solution, designed specifically to address the issues faced by voters, abroad will ensure:
- Efficient candidate management: via an online and streamlined candidate registration and program publication.
- Voter channel management: accurate voter participation consolidation across online, postal and paper voting channels.
- Timely results management: consolidation of results across channels and real-time results publication.
- Voting secrecy: guaranteeing the free expression of political opinions while preserving the voter anonymity and protection against voting coercion.
- Voting transparency: ensuring each vote is a genuine expression of the electorate´s voting intent.
- Voting accessibility: ensuring that each and every French citizen can exercise their democratic right to vote.
Election Modernization Success in France
With various ministries in France adopting innovation and security for more efficient processes, Scytl continues to assist French citizens in the country and abroad to further leverage the election efficiencies provided by election modernization:
- French Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Scytl Online Voting from 2009 including legislative elections in 2012 and 2014.
- French Ministry of Interior: Scytl Candidate Information Management in March 2015 and December 2015 elections.
- French Ministry of Education: Scytl Online Voting in 2011 and 2014 elections.
Scytl is the global leader in secure election management and electronic voting solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies, Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards currently available. Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18 years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been successfully used in over 42 countries across the globe over the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, France, Norway, Switzerland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the UAE, India, Iceland and Australia. Scytl is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, with strategic offices in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Peru and Greece, as well as field offices in the UK, Ukraine, Mexico, Malaysia, India, Bangladesh and Australia. For more information, visit http://www.scytl.com.
Vice President of Marketing, Scytl
+34 934 230 324