(PRWEB UK) 4 August 2015
Scytl continues to grow in Brazil with close to 1 million voters already set to benefit from the use of Scytl´s secure and innovative online voting and digital certification technology in elections across all Brazilian states in 2015.
2015 started on a very positive note with the announcement of the successful use of Scytl´s digital certification technology for the identification of voters in Brazil, with additional private sector election leveraging Scytl technology including:
- Sao Paulo Real Estate Registers (ARISP) elections on February 13, 2015, where for the first time in the history of digital elections in Brazil, the digital ID was used for the identification of voters. A significant achievement for the Brazilian elections industry.
- The National Association of Medical Experts (ANMP) elections held March 20-29, 2015 allowed its almost 3,500 members to securely vote online.
- The National Confederation of Municipalities (CNM) once again used Scytl technology allowing over 4,000 members to vote online for the election of their representatives on March 30. The CNM has been leveraging Scytl innovative online voting technology since 2009 as the only voting channel.
With three new strategic elections already lined up to leverage Scytl technology, the second half of the year looks just as bright for the adoption of secure online voting in Brazil:
- October will see the 45,000 voters of the Federal Economic Council (Cofecon) use Scytl online voting technology across all Brazilian states.
- In November the Federal Accounting Council (CFC) will enable its 500,000 members spread across all of Brazil to participate in their elections online, safely and easily.
- Also in November, over 200,000 members of the Federal Council of Pharmacists (CFF) will be eligible to elect their representatives using the Scytl’s online voting technology.
Focusing on creating the best work environment and hiring the most qualified team to support the increase adoption of secure online voting and digital certification technology has been key. The company has increased its staff and electoral experts by 50% in the first semester and invested significantly to consolidate Scytl´s presence in Brazil. “The results are great and they are only possible thanks to a highly qualified and dedicated team and having established processes that made this growth and customer success possible”, said Alex Freitas, General Manager for Brazil.
Scytl is the global leader in secure election management, electronic voting and eGovernance solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies, Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards currently available. Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18 years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been successfully used in over 38 countries across the globe over the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Norway, Switzerland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the UAE, India, Iceland and Australia. Scytl is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, with strategic offices in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Peru and Greece, as well as field offices in the UK, Ukraine, Mexico, Malaysia, India, Bangladesh and Australia. For more information, visit http://www.scytl.com.
Senior Director Marketing Communication, Scytl