Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 19, 2014
The Incident Management Group, Inc. (IMG) (http://theimg.com), a top international executive security consulting firm, has released an article identifying 7 risks to firms and individuals doing business in Russia. While the world focuses on the terrorist threat to the Olympic Games in Sochi, IMG has identified other, more prevalent, threats to international executive security and corporate operations in Russia. This article should assist security professionals develop plans and policies to mitigate these potential threats.
“The Olympic Games in Sochi has shed a spotlight on the security situation in Russia,” explained Chris Hagon, CEO of IMG. “While terrorism is a real threat in Russia, the country suffers from other, more common, security issues. Given the importance of the country to many international firms, we thought it would be a good idea to highlight some of these other concerns. Most multinational companies have operations in Russia, and we think we can help them develop policies to manage some of the international executive security risks that exist in the country."
IMG: A Top International Executive Security Firm
To learn more about the IMG’s experience with international executive security, please visit:
At that web address, interested parties can find more information on IMG’s extensive experience advising companies with operations in Russia and around the word.
The Olympic Games, Sochi, and 7 Threats to International Executive Security in Russia
According to Winston Churchill, Russia was “a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.“ While things are not quite that confusing, Russia is typified by an array of security concerns that can be difficult to manage. The 7 security concerns IMG identified in its most recent article are:
1. Communications Security - There have been recent reports in Russia of cell phone monitoring as well as the hacking of laptops and tablet computers.
2. Corruption - Russian Police often solicit bribes and may demand protection money from businesses.
3. Terrorism - Unrest in the North Caucasus continues, meaning that Russia still lives under the threat of terrorism and will continue to, even after the Olympic Games in Sochi.
4. Crime - Although violent crime is high, it normally does not affect foreigners. However, travelers are at risk of petty theft.
5. Minority Discrimination - Those of African, Jewish, and Asian descent often report harassment and discrimination in Russia.
6. Safety - Walking through the streets of Russia can be hazardous, as drivers often do not yield for pedestrians.
7. Corporate Espionage - Although not as active as China, Russia has been implicated in the theft of intellectual property from Western companies.
Those wishing to read IMG’s full article on the 7 international security risks in Russia are encouraged to follow this link http://imgsecurity.net/sochi-olympics-7-corporate-travel-security-risks-business-russia/
About the IMG Group
The IMG Group is a leading international executive security firm. Corporate or business organizations concerned about their need for detailed and robust international executive security can reach out to the IMG Group for assistance. The company’s expert consultants provide services such as executive, employee, VIP, and expatriate travel security, workplace safety, duty of care management, risk and threat assessments, workplace violence prevention, crisis management planning, and more.
Tel. (877) 887-9914 or (352) 460-4731