During this period, travelers will have a better chance of seeing the real life in Italy, with less tourists and more locals populating the streets. For those who want to see the real deal, this is the best time to travel to Italy
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) August 19, 2016
Studies from ENIT show that Europe was by far the most visited continent in the world in 2015, with 51,3% of all international arrivals. Within the international context, Italy ranked 5th in the world and remains one of the top European destinations for the summer months - contending the title with France and Spain every year. However, the Italian peninsula has a wide range of activities which can only be done during fall and winter, and Select Italy (https://selectitaly.com), a boutique travel company specialized in the Bel Paese, can provide some insight on some of the “must-dos”.
1) The Christmas Market in Bolzano: From November 24 to January 6, in the Walther Piazza of Bolzano (located in South Tyrol, close to the Austrian border) the annual Christmas market takes place almost everyday, giving locals as well as visitors the opportunity to dive completely into the holiday spirit, with seasonal delicacies like vin brule, Christmas decorations and lights in all the streets.
2) The Theater Season kicks off: The theater season in Italy is one of the most prominent in the world, boasting the most important opera houses such as La Fenice in Venice or Teatro San Carlo in Naples. But the undisputed queen of all theaters is La Scala in Milan: the 2016/2017 season of the renowned theater will be inaugurated with Giacomo Puccini’s “Madama Butterfly” (directed by Riccardo Chailly) on December 7.
3) The Carnival in Venice: Certainly one of the most important events of the year in Italy, for 2017 the Carnevale di Venezia takes place from February 11 to February 28, time during which the entire city transforms into the island of opulence and luxury of the old Serenissima. One of the the highlights every year is the Volo dell’Angelo, which next year occurs on February 18 (in St. Mark’s Square).
“The summer months are by far the most popular time to go to Italy, but travelers should really understand the beauty of visiting Italy during the so-called “off-season”. The temperate weather, the shorter lines to the major sites and availability in all hotels and villas are only part of the allure. During this period, travelers will have a better chance of seeing the real life in Italy, with less tourists and more locals populating the streets. For those who want to see the real deal, this is the best time to travel to Italy,” says Michaelanne Chapel, Senior Sales Consultant.
Between 2014 and 2015, the Bel Paese showed a 2% and 1,7% increase in resident and nonresident visitors during the 4th trimester (ISTAT), numbers which reveal the beginning of a new trend to travel during fall and winter. People planning to visit Italy during said seasons can find useful tips on things to do in the Bel Paese with Select Italy:
- Book a Room at a Resort in the Dolomites for a Christmas Getaway
- Tickets to Theaters, Opera and Musical Events in Italy
- Mask-Making Workshop in Venice for the Carnival
The complete portfolio can be found on the company website. For more information about Select Italy’s travel services visit selectitaly.com or send an email to info(at)selectitaly(dot)com
About Select Italy
Select Italy® is The Ultimate Source for Travel to Italy® and offers a wide array of superior Italian travel products and services, including customized itineraries, state-of-the-art tours and packages, wedding/honeymoon trips, unique culinary classes, a complete pre-departure ticketing service for museums and musical events, private guided services, yacht charters, transportation, hotel reservations, villa bookings and more. Through a vast network of suppliers and cultural contacts, anything and everything needed for optimum travel to Italy is possible with Select Italy. Based in Chicago with an office in New York and Shanghai and support staff in Italy, the company has expanded its offerings and travel services to the Balkans with the launch of Select Croatia®.