Going on a truffle excursion is a must for foodies visiting Italy. Getting an opportunity to experience how truffles are found, and what a labor of love it is, gives a new appreciation of this exciting tuber.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) August 08, 2016
Italy is a year-round tourist destination that has unique experiences and landscapes that change with the seasons. Fall is perfect for travelers who want to avoid crowds, enjoy mild temperatures, and savor the famed Italian white truffle. There are multiple festivals in Italy celebrating truffles and offering new experiences to travelers and locals alike. Select Italy (https://selectitaly.com), a boutique travel company based in Chicago, offers a wide array of activities dedicated to travelers interested in experiences centered around truffles.
Some of the most popular Truffle festivals happening in Italy this Fall are:
1) International Alba White Truffle Fair (Piedmont): October 8th to November 27th: Just like the white truffle is the king of truffles, the Alba White Truffle Festival is the king of all truffle festivals. This festival is held in the province of Cuneo, in the Piedmont region, and draws foodies from across the world. In addition to truffle and wine tastings, the festival has a variety of booths, each offering delicious food specialties, and offers a white truffle walk for tourists.
2) Le Marche Truffle Fairs: October-November: There are many fairs and events to choose from in the Marche region, each with a wide variety of offerings, from star chefs presenting their best recipes to hunters presenting their best catch. White truffles take the crown again in the city of Acqualagna, which prides itself on being the fresh truffle capital of the world, holding its National White Truffle Fair from October 30 to November 13.
3) San Miniato Truffle Fair (Tuscany): 12-13 | 19-20 | 26-27 November 2016: This territory produces 25% of Italy's white truffles. Craft and food stands are scattered throughout the festival. Restaurants feature menus highlighting truffles at reasonable prices.
Travelers interested in experiencing truffle hunts or tastings can rely on Select Italy's unique truffle excursions:
- Truffle Hunting in Tuscany: A Full Day Excursion in Crete Senesi
- Truffle Hunting in Le Marche: Half Day Excursion
- Wine & Truffles: Full Day Wine Excursion from the Langhe area
“Going on a truffle excursion is a must for foodies visiting Italy,” says Beth Rubin, Manager of Custom Travel Planning and Sales. “With their unique taste and limited geographic distribution, not to mention their flavor, tied to the specific area where they grow, getting an opportunity to experience how truffles are found, and what a labor of love it is, gives a new appreciation of this exciting tuber. For those who prefer less outdoorsy experiences, the fall is a great time to go to one of the many truffle fairs and festivals, where one can taste the freshest truffles in the most authentic and innovative preparations.”
The complete portfolio of truffle experiences can be found on the company website. For further information about Select Italy’s services visit selectitaly.com; or to schedule an interview with Select Italy’s Manager of Custom Travel Planning, Beth Rubin, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
About Select Italy
Select Italy® is The Ultimate Source for Travel to Italy® and offers a wide array of superior Italian travel products and services, including customized itineraries, state-of-the-art tours and packages, wedding/honeymoon trips, unique culinary classes, a complete pre-departure ticketing service for museums and musical events, private guided services, yacht charters, transportation, hotel reservations, villa bookings and more. Through a vast network of suppliers and cultural contacts, anything and everything needed for optimum travel to Italy is possible with Select Italy. Based in Chicago with an office in New York and Shanghai and support staff in Italy, the company has expanded its offerings and travel services to the Balkans with the launch of Select Croatia®.