existing problems that exist in homes are one of the biggest reasons why potential home buyers walk away and find another home to purchase.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) September 26, 2013
Selling a home can be a challenge sometimes depending on the condition of the property, the location and the appearance. iBuyHouses.com has been helping homeowners sell their homes since 1996 and has helped over a million homeowners. They have just revealed several tips for homeowners that can help them when selling a home.
One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when selling a home is not fixing any obvious problems. Melissa, who represents iBuyHouses.com, says, "Existing problems in homes that don't get fixed are one of the biggest reasons why potential home buyers walk away. It's so important to fix any existing problems so this doesn't happen."
One of the things potential home buyers also notice is how the property looks or the "curb appeal". When homeowners are selling a home, it's important to make the home look good from the outside so it draws in new potential home buyers. Often times, buyers will drive neighborhoods to look at homes that have great curb appeal.
Here are some specific tips for homeowners selling a home:
- Mow the lawn, make sure it's green, clean the flower beds and make it look good. Buyers love yards that are kept up and well maintained.
- Look over the foundation and driveway, fix any major cracks
- Clean the inside of the home. A new coat of paint makes it smell fresh and appear new.
- Furniture in the home is always better. In some cases, homeowners who have moved out will rent furniture to make the home feel "homey".
- Clean up around the property and make sure there is no garbage sitting around. A home that smells bad will deter buyers.
When cleaning the inside of the home, it's important to remember the little things. The carpets should be clean or replaced if really bad. Having new carpet in a home makes a big difference.
In a recent study released by National Association of Home Builders, "What Home Buyers Really Want", the number 1 feature that buyers are looking for is energy star rated appliances. The second feature was a laundry room so they could keep the dirty laundry contained in a room and away from plain site. 9 out of 10 buyers want a linen closet in the bathroom to help keep towels and toiletries organized. Extra space in the garage for bikes, equipment and tools also ranked very high.
Knowing this, sometimes it may be beneficial to do a little remodeling to appeal to the masses and increase the chances of selling a home.
Those who would like more tips or need help selling a home, visit iBuyHouses.com