Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) June 01, 2014
According to report Semiconductor (Silicon) IP Market by Form Factor Design, Architecture, Processor Type, Application, Geography and Verification IP - Forecast & Analysis to 2013 - 2020 - Today’s System-on-Chips and advanced ICs integrate a great variety of advanced functionality into a single device to offer superior performance, with more IP cores on a single chip. The rapidly growing consumer applications demand extensively integrated functionality and competitive features, such as optimization between performance and power consumption, all at an aggressive price point. As new players are increasingly implementing a fab-lite or fabless strategy, the fabs and manufacturing processes are consolidating. By rendering access to silicon-proven, high-quality IP during the fabrication processes, key players are able to increasingly outsource IP. IP cores in the semiconductor and electronic design industry have had a sound impact on the design of circuits on a semiconductor chip. By licensing a design several times, the IP core licensor spreads the cost of development among several chip makers.
Presently, embedded technology is increasingly penetrating into the semiconductor industry causing growth in the share of embedded IP over general IP segment in all fields. The rising focus on multi-core technology has paved way for huge revenues in the embedded IP market segments. The global DSP IP market is one of the fastest growing value chain segments.
In terms of overall market revenue, computer and peripherals, mobiles and tablets, networking technologies, and telecom infrastructure are the four primary revenue contributing sectors in the semiconductor IP market. In 2013, computer and peripherals was the largest shareholder in the market revenue generation among all the sectors but the huge growth in smartphones and tablet PCs worldwide is expected to fuel the semiconductor IP market in mobiles and tablets applications. Large companies such as Synopsys (U.S.) and Arm (U.K.) are looking for innovation in their products to serve the increasing demand of semiconductor IP cores in the mobiles and tablets application segment. Military, aerospace, and defense are among the emerging end user applications for the global semiconductor IP market.
In terms of IP developers and vendors geographical concentration and semiconductor IP market revenue, Americas, especially the U.S. is leading the market; however, the number of silicon IP vendors are rapidly increasing in other geographies such as Europe. Asia-Pacific, mainly China, Taiwan, and South Korea also have decent amount of IP Vendors concentration with several new players emerging in these regions. In Europe- the U.K., France, the Netherlands, and Germany are the primary geographical bases of the players in the IP Industry with high concentration of IP vendors. Germany, France, the U.K., and Italy are some of the fastest growing countries in terms of concentration of IP vendors in Europe. Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the future revenue pocket for semiconductor IP market with tremendous growth opportunities. Countries such as China, South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan are becoming the main focus of industry players for future revenue generation.
The ever increasing application areas of the semiconductor IP are encouraging the existing market leaders as well as the new startups to capture the huge growth opportunities in this market.
Purchase report at http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=153552.
Key Take Aways
- Estimated overall Semiconductor IP market size in 2013 and revenue forecasts from 2014 to 2020
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market with detailed segmentation by form factor, design architecture, processor type, application, and geography
- Verification IP market estimates and forecasts from 2014 to 2020 with market segmentation by different protocols such as MIPI, Bus, Interface, and memory
- Market dynamics that includes major market drivers, restraints and opportunities with detailed value chain, and Porter’s five force analysis
- The Future of the semiconductor IP technology from both- technical and market-oriented perspective
- Major stakeholders in the market and company landscape section that comprises of company profiles, market share analysis of major players to showcase the competitive scenario in this market
- Analysis of key growth strategies adopted by major players such as new product launches, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and others to maintain and gain market share
- Analysis of the trends and forecasts of the semiconductor IP market specific to various geographical regions across the globe
Single User License of the Report is US $4650 for Discount Inquire at http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=153552.
Company Profiles (Overview, Products And Services, Financials, Strategy & Development)*
Altera, Arm , Atmel, Cadence Design Systems, Cast, Ceva, Imagination Technologies, Mentor Graphics, Rambus, Silabtech, Silicon Image, Synopsys
76 List Of Tables
61 List Of Figures
Explore other new reports on Semiconductor and Electronics Market.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Call +1 888 391 5441 with your industry research requirements or email the details on sales at reportsandreports.com.