Miami, FL (PRWEB) December 31, 2013
Seo4anyone, a Miami-based SEO and digital marketing firm, recently discussed the debunking of several SEO myths that are commonly heard in the SEO community. Readers can visit the original full blog entry here – SEO Myths Debunked.
Since most of the discussion in 2013 has been about Google penalties and the Panda and Penguin algorithms, many of the myths that were discussed here were regarding these same topics. The majority of the information presented in the blog was originally provided by employees of Google.
Here are is a summary of the lessons that readers can take away from this blog:
- Reconsideration requests are for manual penalties, not algorithm changes/site downgrades.
- You don’t need a robots.txt file in order for your website to be crawled or indexed.
- Adding websites to a disavow list does not hurt the reputation of the website that has been added.
- It doesn’t matter whether you use bold tags or strong tags.
- There is no “duplicate content penalty”.
- Disavowing the bad links to a website is not enough to get a manual penalty removed.
- Foreign top level domains (.com, .ca, .org etc) are usually treated differently by Google.
- You are allowed to ask people to link to your website (it’s not against Google’s webmaster guidelines).
- Not all websites go through a “sandbox” period.
- Manual Google penalties DO expire.
- Meta descriptions and meta keywords are no longer used as rankings factors.
seo4anyone applies their knowledge to working on client websites in a wide range of industries. Visit their website for more information here - http://www.seo4anyone.com/, or reach them by calling (888) 770-0747.
seo4anyone is a full service internet marketing agency based in Miami, Florida. They work with local small businesses as well as large multinational companies. The company specializes in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay Per Click Management (PPC), Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn), Website Optimization & Conversation Testing (A/B Testing), and E-Commerce Website Design & Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.seo4anyone.com or call (888) 770-0747.
Address: 20900 NE 30th Ave Ste 805, Aventura, FL 33180