PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) October 23, 2019
SeventySix Capital, a sports tech venture capital company led by MLB superstar Ryan Howard, is bringing together some of the top minds in sports innovation at Howard’s old stomping grounds, Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA for its annual Sports Innovation Conference on November 6, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Investors, entrepreneurs, athletes and industry executives will convene to discuss upcoming trends in sports technology, esports and sports betting – industries where innovation is moving at an accelerated pace.
Howard, who played 13 season at first base for the Philadelphia Phillies and was the 2006 MLB Rookie of the Year, 2007 NL Most Valuable Player and 2008 World Series Champion, will be back at Citizens Bank Park as a Partner at SeventySix Capital and an ESPN baseball analyst.
“This is the first year we’re holding our Sports Innovation Conference at Citizens Bank Park. I’m excited to be back home, but, this time, as a venture capitalist investing in game-changing companies in the sports industry,” said Howard.
“Doing this with SeventySix Capital has been really cool, and I’m excited to be a part of a team that continues to find ways to help sports professionals. The conference will give everyone, including speakers like David Stern, Jeffrey Moorad, Kenny Gersh, CEOs of our portfolio companies, myself and so many others, an opportunity to learn from the best and brightest in the industry,” Howard continued.
The Sports Innovation Conference offers attendees the latest industry insights from a variety of sports business, esports, and sports betting industry thought leaders. It will also give entrepreneurs a chance to demo their startups during the SeventySix Capital Sports Innovation Pitch Competition, where top presenters will be awarded $10,000 in prizes.
Sports business professionals and students are welcome to purchase tickets at http://www.seventysixcapital.com/sports-innovation-conference-2019#tickets
Current speakers include:
Professional athletes turned business leaders:
- Ryan Howard, Philadelphia Phillies World Series Champion and SeventySix Capital Partner
- Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia Eagles Hall of Famer Member and SeventySix Capital Athlete Venture Group member
- Ralph Sampson, NBA Hall of Famer and SeventySix Capital Athlete Venture Group member
- Riley Cote, Co-Founder of BodyChek Wellness and Philadelphia Flyers Alumni
- Sébastien Le Toux, Philadelphia Union All Time Leading Scorer
Sports industry executives:
- David Stern, former NBA Commissioner
- Kenneth L. Shropshire, CEO of the Global Sport Institute at ASU and Adidas Distinguished Professor of Sport
- Jeffrey Moorad, Chairman of Morgan Lewis Global Sports Practice, Principal at MSP Sports Capital, and Former Owner/CEO of Arizona Diamondbacks and San Diego Padres
- Kenny Gersh, EVP of Gaming and New Business Ventures at Major League Baseball
- Jen Kavanagh, SVP, Marketing & Media, Philadelphia Eagles
- Alyssa Gentile, Marketing Manager, Philadelphia Union
- Bonnie Rothenstein, VP, Marketing Communications, Global Sponsorships at SAP
- Jennifer Dempsey Fox, President of Wealth Management at Bryn Mawr Trust
- Jeff Kunowski, Associate Director, Innovation Programs, Global Sport Institute at ASU
- Wayne Kimmel, SeventySix Capital Managing Partner
Sports business entrepreneurs:
- Davyeon Ross, Co-Founder and COO of ShotTracker
- C.J. Handron, Co-Founder and CEO of Diamond Kinetics
- Matthew Holt, President of U.S. Integrity
- Brian Musburger, CEO of VSiN
- Courtney Altemus, Founder, Team Altemus
Sports betting industry thought leaders:
- Dr. Laila Mintas, Chairwoman of the Bet.Works advisory board
- Sara Slane, Founder of Slane Advisory
- Matt Cullen, SVP of Interactive Gaming and Sports at Parx Casino
- Michael Lombardi, VSiN co-host and The GM Shuffle host
- Seth Schorr, CEO of Fifth Street Gaming and Chairman of Downtown Grand Las Vegas
Esports industry thought leaders:
- Rob Johnson, COO of Nerd Street Gamers
- David Makuen, EVP Marketing and Strategy, Five Below
- Neil Duffy, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), WorldGaming and the Collegiate StarLeague (CSL)
- Lindsay Berra, freelance sports journalist
- Anthony Gargano, Co-host, 97.5 The Fanatic
For a full, updated list of speakers visit http://www.seventysixcapital.com/sic2019
The following Sports Innovation Conference Sponsors have dedicated resources to put on an incredible event: Bryn Mawr Trust (Gold), DreamSeat (Gold), Global Sport Institute at ASU (Silver), HipCityVeg (Silver), Temple University School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (Silver), Morgan Lewis (Silver), Rothman Orthopaedics (Silver), TeamAltemus (Silver), Garrixon (Silver), Pennoni (Bronze), Cynopsis (Media), Esports Insider (Media), and Sports Betting Community (Media).
About SeventySix Capital
SeventySix Capital is a sports tech venture capital company led by Wayne Kimmel, Jon Powell and MLB superstar, Ryan Howard. The fund invests in passionate, smart and nice entrepreneurs who are launching game-changing tech startups in the sports tech, esports and sports betting industries.
SeventySix Capital’s Athlete Venture Group allows players to invest, learn, and work directly with top sports tech startups and entrepreneurs. The firm aims to bridge the gap between athletes, entrepreneurs, and investors by creating opportunities for athletes to become tech investors and for entrepreneurs to access the financial and social capital that professional athletes have to offer. Athlete Venture Group members, including Ryan Howard, DeMarco Murray, Ralph Sampson and Brian Westbrook, work hands-on with SeventySix Capital's portfolio companies.
Additionally, SeventySix Capital has a strategic partnership with Rubicon Talent, a sports marketing and talent agency based in New York City with a wide range of clients including NFL and NBA stars, Hall of Famers, MVPs, Heisman Trophy winners, Olympic icons, media personalities, and celebrity chefs.
Kimmel founded the firm in 1999 with top exits to Fortune 500 companies including Aramark, Intel, IBM, Walgreens, and Yahoo. Powell, a leading real estate developer, has built over 30 million square feet of commercial space including the King of Prussia Mall. Howard, a World Series Champion and 2006 NL MVP, is known as one of the all-time great home run hitters.
Director of Marketing