New York, NY (PRWEB) February 07, 2014
If you are looking to add more romance to your Valentine’s Day celebrations, Spafinder Wellness 365™ has named the top five spa treatments that will help you and your loved one spice things up for the holiday.
1. Couple’s Massage: Spafinder Wellness 365 editors agree that a massage with your significant other is the ideal treatment to boost your libido. And many spas heat up the romance by offering private time after the treatment, even offering couple’s massage beachside, under the stars or in a luxurious room appointed with romantic amenities—fireplace, soaking tub or champagne for two. Learn more about couple’s massage.
2. Aphrodisiac Aromatherapy: “Aromatherapy: Scent with Intent” was named one of the top 10 spa and wellness trends for 2014 by Spafinder Wellness 365, as scents move in bold new directions and play a greater role in the treatment of pain, depression, insomnia and other physical and mental issues. But adding aromatherapy to a spa treatment can also enhance desire and act as a natural aphrodisiac. Sandalwood, rose and neroli are all known for their sensual powers, and even vanilla is said to have a calming effect on the body, releasing inhibitions and helping you to get “in the mood.” You can also use it to make your own homemade body scrub and share the deliciousness with your favorite Valentine. Learn more about aphrodisiac aromatherapy and get the recipe here.
3. Chakras That Enhance: According to ancient Hindu teachings and yoga traditions, chakras are specific points in the body where energy flows. Practitioners believe that blocked energy can lead to illness or dysfunction of energy centers. What does this mean to Valentines looking for love? The sacral chakra, located about two inches below the navel and two inches in, increases acceptance, new experiences and impacts pleasure. Chakras that are said to enhance sexuality also include the throat chakra, which is linked to creativity and impulse. You can ask your therapist about a gentle massage in these areas and even find trained practitioners who offer chakra massage.
4. Simple Pleasures: Foot Massage and Reflexology: If you’re looking for a less expensive romantic spa alternative, check out a simple foot massage, offered at nearly every spa or salon either as a standalone service or as part of a pedicure. (And, of course, there are endless DIY possibilities!) As Spafinder Wellness 365 explains, reflexology, which addresses specific reflex points on the foot to induce a healing response in corresponding organs and areas of the body, is much more than a foot massage. Reflexology practitioners are certified, and this handy chart shows why heels are an important part of a sensual foot massage.
5. Awash in Hydrotherapy: Filmmakers know that scenes set in or near water conjure up romance (think the steamy beach scene in From Here to Eternity or Audrey Hepburn’s classic rain-soaked reunion in Breakfast At Tiffany’s). This Valentine’s Day is an excellent time to discover how hydrotherapy treatments and water workings—from a day at a mineral spring to time in Swiss Showers—can lead to a very sensual holiday.
Here is a sampling of special Valentines’ Day experiences – and find locations offering the treatments above at Spafinder.com. Just enter the keyword (couple’s massage, aromatherapy, chakra, foot massage, reflexology, hydrotherapy) along with your zip code.
And for last minute Valentine’s, send an instant Valentines’ Day Gift Card, accepted at over 20,000 locations worldwide, by ordering at Spafinder Wellness 365.
ABOUT SPAFINDER WELLNESS, INC.®
Spafinder Wellness, Inc.®, is the world’s largest media and marketing company for the spa and wellness industry and the leading consumer resource for feeling good and living well all year round. With over 25 years of experience as a spa and wellness authority, millions of people find inspiration to keep well every day via the Spafinder Wellness 365™ brand, also known for its widely distributed gift cards—available at 70,000-plus retailers worldwide—and its global network of 20,000-plus spas, salons, fitness, yoga and Pilates studios and travel destinations. Learn more at spafinder.com, spafinder.co.uk and spafinder.ca.