AKRON,Ohio (PRWEB) February 19, 2020
To Enter, Ohio Students Must Submit Video and Essay for a Chance to Win a Scholarship to Attend an Ohio College or University
Slater & Zurz LLP, a law firm with downtown offices in Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati, Ohio, is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Slater & Zurz Scholarship Award. This year, $2,500 will be awarded to the winner.
“Many of us at Slater & Zurz remember how challenging it was to pay for college,” states Jim Slater, managing partner of Slater & Zurz. “Today those college costs are even greater. Because higher education is so essential to our society, we are committed to help in any way we can. We are very pleased to continue, in 2020, the Slater & Zurz scholarship.”
Earning a scholarship, or several smaller scholarships, is a great way to reduce college tuition payments and other expenses one is likely to encounter at school, Slater pointed out. “The sooner a student starts applying for scholarships, the chances of earning funding from a variety of sources increase,” he said.
HOW THE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED:
The winner of the Slater & Zurz Scholarship Award will be selected based on (1) an original two- to four-minute YouTube video created by the student, and (2) an accompanying 500- to 1,000-word essay on one of the two topics listed below. Both the video and the essay must be on the same topic. The goal of the video and essay is to expose problems and present solutions—not to create new problems.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION:
Students graduating from an Ohio high school in 2020, who are planning to attend a college or university in Ohio, are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Award.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, March 31, 2020. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 4, 2020.
TOPICS FOR THIS YEAR’S SLATER & ZURZ SCHOLARSHIP:
- Should the electoral college be abolished in favor of electing the U.S. President by popular vote?
- What can schools and the government do to increase student involvement in the electoral process?
To be eligible to win, each applicant must submit both a video and an essay on the same topic. Each application must be an individual endeavor. The same applicant must create both the two- to four-minute video and the 500- to 1,000-word essay. Team entries will not be considered.
- The applicant must be a high school senior graduating from an Ohio high school in 2020.
- The applicant must be planning to attend a college or university in Ohio beginning in 2020.
- The applicant must follow all Scholarship Award rules.
- Applications must be submitted online by March 31, 2020. Late applications will not be considered. The online application form and further details about how to submit the video and essay are available at slaterzurz.com.
- Each applicant must (1) fill out the online application form, (2) upload his or her two- to four-minute video to YouTube, (3) provide a link to the video as indicated in the online application form, and (4) attach his or her 500- to 1,000-word essay in PDF format to the online application form.
- Prior to the submission of the video, each applicant must obtain written parental consent for the appearance of any person under the age of 18 who appears in the video.
- Videos must not contain text or imagery that promotes racism, threatens harm to any individual or group, expresses or promotes hatred toward any individual or group, or is inappropriate, indecent, or obscene.