The installed base of smart meters is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 20.5 percent between 2011 and 2017 to reach 154.7 million units by 2017
London (PRWEB UK) 20 April 2014
Penetration for smart meters, providing more comprehensive functionality than basic meter data collections, was 18 percent at the end of 2011. By 2017 that rate will have increased to 56 percent driven by large rollouts in Spain, France and the UK, in combination with nationwide rollouts in several smaller countries. The installed base of smart meters is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 20.5 percent between 2011 and 2017 to reach 154.7 million units at the end of the period. The high growth rate will be sustained until the end of the decade as nationwide rollouts are completed in France, the UK and several other countries. Furthermore, a decision by Germany to introduce smart metering would extend the strong momentum for smart meters in Europe into the 2020s.
(Source: Berg Insight, 14 March 2014, 'Smart Metering in Europe', http://www.berginsight.com/ReportPDF/ProductSheet/bi-sm9-ps.pdf)
Against this backdrop, SMi’s Meter Asset Management and Operations conference will feature an array of case studies from leading European utilities detailing the progress of their own smart meter roll out programmes including National Grid, British Gas, E.ON, Fortum and RWE npower. The two-day programme will provide practical insight on managing the meter assets already held by utilities, and planning for the burst of activity and sizeable workforce increase required to deliver smart meters into consumers’ homes in a relatively short time frame.
Speakers Panel includes:
- Eric Fowler, Head of Commercial and Regulatory Affairs, National Grid
- Vickie Gibson, Managing Director, Energy Assets
- Alan Doody, Head of Asset Management, British Gas
- Dr. Thomas Perry, Meter Operations Manager, E.ON
- Harri Hauta-aho, Project Manager, Fortum
- Simon Harrison, Product Innovation Technology & Trialling Manager, Smart Programme, RWE npower
- Vic Tuffen, Vice President, Energy and Utilities Alliance
- Roger Stoney, General Manager Metering, SmartMOp
- Dr. Howard Porter, Chief Executive Officer, BEAMA
- Dave Gregson, Director of Operations, Calvin Capital
- Matthew Oakley, Development Manager, Electralink
- Julian Anderton, Head of Operations, Energy UK
- Jo Gilbert, Director, Smart Change
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, download the brochure at http://www.smi-online.co.uk/meter23.asp.
Plus, don't miss the post-conference workshop on taking place on 25th June 2014:
UK Smart Meter Roll Out| Led by Vic Tuffen, Technical Director, Tuffentech Services Ltd | 08.30-16.30