The installed base of smart meters is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 18.5 percent between 2013 and 2019 to reach 170.1 million units at the end of the period.
London (PRWEB UK) 27 April 2014
Penetration for smart meters, providing more comprehensive functionality than basic meter data collection, was 22 percent at the end of 2013. By 2019, Berg Insight projects that the rate will increase to 60 percent, driven by large rollouts in Spain, France and the UK, in combination with nationwide rollouts in several smaller countries. The installed base of smart electricity meters is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 18.5 percent between 2013 and 2019 to reach 170.1 million units at the end of the period. The high growth rate will slow down towards the end of the decade as nationwide rollouts in Spain and the UK are completed. Germany’s decision to not move ahead with a rollout until 2020 will most likely delay the widespread introduction of smart metering in the country until the mid-2020s. (Source: Berg Insight, 19 Mar 2014, 'Smart Metering in Europe - 10th Edition', http://www.berginsight.com/ReportPDF/ProductSheet/bi-sm10-ps.pdf)
Against this backdrop, SMi’s Meter Asset Management and Operations conference, taking place on 23-24 June in London, will feature an array of case studies from leading European utilities detailing the progress of their own smart meter roll out programmes including National Grid, British Gas, E.ON, Fortum and RWE npower. The two-day programme will provide practical insight on managing the meter assets already held by utilities, and planning for the burst of activity and sizeable workforce increase required to deliver smart meters into consumers’ homes in a relatively short time frame.
Speakers Panel includes:
- Eric Fowler, Head of Commercial and Regulatory Affairs, National Grid
- Vickie Gibson, Managing Director, Energy Assets
- Alan Doody, Head of Asset Management, British Gas
- Dr. Thomas Perry, Meter Operations Manager, E.ON
- Harri Hauta-aho, Project Manager, Fortum
- Simon Harrison, Product Innovation Technology & Trialling Manager, Smart Programme, RWE npower
- Vic Tuffen, Vice President, Energy and Utilities Alliance
- Roger Stoney, General Manager Metering, SmartMOp
- Dr. Howard Porter, Chief Executive Officer, BEAMA
- Dave Gregson, Director of Operations, Calvin Capital
- Matthew Oakley, Development Manager, Electralink
- Julian Anderton, Head of Operations, Energy UK
- Jo Gilbert, Director, Smart Change
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, download the brochure at http://www.smi-online.co.uk/meter23.asp.
Plus, don't miss the post-conference workshop on taking place on 25th June 2014: UK Smart Meter Roll Out| Led by Vic Tuffen, Technical Director, Tuffentech Services Ltd | 08.30-16.30.