London (PRWEB UK) 18 May 2014
Utilities across Europe face the prospect of meeting the EU’s goal of installing smart meters for 80% of consumers by the end of 2020. National plans for meeting this target vary considerably across the continent with Italy and Sweden having completed physical roll out without fully utilising smart meter functionality. In the UK, the smart meter roll out will affect every home and small business, with the replacement of around 53 million gas and electricity meters in less than a decade. Gas, electricity, and water suppliers face similar challenges in managing existing meter assets and where appropriate planning for the roll out and maintenance of smart meters.
With so many companies, whether they be the energy/water suppliers or meter asset management companies, finding themselves mired in this transitional phase SMi’s Meter Asset Management and Operations conference will provide practical insight on managing the meter assets already held by utilities and planning for the burst of activity and sizeable workforce increase required to deliver smart meters into consumers’ homes in a relatively short time frame with case studies provided by National Grid, E.ON, British Gas, Fortum and RWE npower. In addition to the plethora of utilities presenting, the conference also has confirmed attendees from companies including Technolog, Northern Powergrid, Baringa Partners, Anglian Water, Macquarie Energy Leasing and more.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Eric Fowler, Head of Commercial and Regulatory Affairs, National Grid
- Vickie Gibson, Managing Director, Energy Assets
- Alan Doody, Head of Asset Management, British Gas
- Dr. Thomas Perry, Meter Operations Manager, E.ON
- Harri Hauta-aho, Project Manager, Fortum
- Simon Harrison, Product Innovation Technology & Trialling Manager, Smart Programme, RWE npower
- Vic Tuffen, Vice President, Energy and Utilities Alliance
- Roger Stoney, General Manager Metering, SmartMOp
- Dr. Howard Porter, Chief Executive Officer, BEAMA
- Dave Gregson, Director of Operations, Calvin Capital
- Matthew Oakley, Development Manager, Electralink
- Julian Anderton, Head of Operations, Energy UK
- Jo Gilbert, Director, Smart Change
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/meter23.asp.
Plus, don't miss the post-conference workshop on taking place on 25th June 2014:
UK Smart Meter Roll Out| Led by Vic Tuffen, Technical Director, Tuffentech Services Ltd | 08.30-16.30