London (PRWEB UK) 14 August 2013
This morning DECC have released the winning bidders for the DCC and CSP for the United Kingdom. "Preferred bidders for the competitions to establish the shared infrastructure needed to roll out smart meters across Great Britain have been announced. These competitions will form the Data and Communications Company which is responsible for linking 53 million smart electricity and gas meters in homes and small businesses with the business systems of energy suppliers, network operators and energy service companies."
Our 3rd annual conference, Telecoms for Smart Grids, will address the current development of both UK and European communications and data infrastructures for Utilities.
The two-day conference programme features a line-up of 22 thought leaders and experts, including 11 Utility case studies, with speakers consisting of: UK Power Networks, Alliander, Scottish and Southern Energy, ESB, Western Power Distribution, Scottish Power, E.ON, RWE AG, Enel Distribuzione SpA, Stedin, and Eco Island among others.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Gordon Hewitt, ICT Project Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- David Ross Scott, Industry Relationship Manager, Scottish Power
- Tim Manandhar, Low Carbon Solutions Design Manager, UK Power Networks
- Nigel Bessant, Project Delivery Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- Sanna Atherton, Senior Project Manager, Western Power Distribution
- Denis O'Leary, Head of Smart Energy Technologies, ESB
- Ashley C. Brown, Counsel to Greenberg Traurig, and Executive Director Harvard Electricity Policy Group, Harvard University
- Markus Hofsaess, Technology & Solutions, E.ON
- Erik Moll, Telecom Policy Advisor, Alliander
- Giovanni Coppola, Innovation Manager, Enel Distribuzione SpA
- Gunnar Hoffman, Manager of Technology Corporate R&D, RWE AG
- Milo Broekmans, Senior Enterprise Architect, Stedin
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013telecomsforsmartgrids8.asp .