London (PRWEB UK) 2 September 2013
With the DECC announcement recently made on the preferred bidders to put in place the shared infrastructure needed to roll out 53 million smart electricity and gas meters across Great Britain, and the continued development of over 281 smart grid projects and 90 smart metering projects in Europe, the time has never been better to understand the opportunities and applications that are succeeding in the Smart Grid market.
Against this backdrop, SMi’s 3rd annual Telecoms for Smart Grids conference features a line-up of 22 thought leaders and experts, including 11 Utility case studies, with speakers consisting of: UK Power Networks, Alliander, Scottish and Southern Energy, ESB, Western Power Distribution, Scottish Power, E.ON, RWE AG, Enel Distribuzione SpA, Stedin, and Eco Island among others.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Gordon Hewitt, ICT Project Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- David Ross Scott, Industry Relationship Manager, Scottish Power
- Tim Manandhar, Low Carbon Solutions Design Manager, UK Power Networks
- Nigel Bessant, Project Delivery Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- Sanna Atherton, Senior Project Manager, Western Power Distribution
- Denis O'Leary, Head of Smart Energy Technologies, ESB
- Ashley C. Brown, Counsel to Greenberg Traurig, and Executive Director Harvard Electricity Policy Group, Harvard University
- Markus Hofsaess, Technology & Solutions, E.ON
- Erik Moll, Telecom Policy Advisor, Alliander
- Giovanni Coppola, Innovation Manager, Enel Distribuzione SpA
- Gunnar Hoffman, Manager of Technology Corporate R&D, RWE AG
- Milo Broekmans, Senior Enterprise Architect, Stedin
Network with Confirmed Attendees from:
Eco Island, Power Plus Communications, RWE AG, RADiFlow, Stedin, Trusted Renewables, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Enel, Distribuzione SpA, UK Power Networks, British Gas, Everything Everywhere, ESB, Signalhorn Trusted Networks GmbH, Scottish Power, Western Power Distribution, Optimus Telecomunicacoes S.A, Alliander, National Grid, Scottish and Southern Energy, E.ON, Hippo Software, Harvard University, Taylor Wessing, Greenberg Traurig Maher LLP, Smart Grid Networks, University Of Bath, BT, Skytech Computer Network Ltd, Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe, Hitachi Europe Ltd, RWS, ABB Switzerland Ltd, RWE npower, ViaSat, Ciena, Telkom Indonesia, Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) PT plus more to be added.
For more information and to view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013telecomsforsmartgrids8.asp.