“This program not only highlights the health benefits seafood offers, but also how simple, easy and delicious it is to incorporate seafood at least twice a week into your regular meals.”
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) August 15, 2016
The non-profit Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) launches the 2016 Seafood Recipe Sweepstakes in the United States to encourage people to incorporate more seafood into regular meals. The 2015-2020 USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend eating seafood at least twice a week and to take in at least 250mg of omega-3s EPA+DHA per day. Currently only 1 in 10 Americans follow this guideline.
As part of SNP’s 3-year public health education Healthy Heart Pledge campaign, the 2016 Seafood Nutrition Partnership Recipe Sweepstakes encourages people to show how easy, delicious, and nutritious fish and shellfish can be to add to weekly meals. “We are excited to introduce this consumer education program to teach Americans about the critical importance seafood nutrition has in supporting heart and brain health,” said SNP Executive Director Linda Cornish. “This program not only highlights the health benefits seafood offers, but also how simple, easy and delicious it is to incorporate seafood at least twice a week into your regular meals.”
Beginning today through October 21st, people are encouraged to share a photo of a seafood dish prepared using 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices/garnishes) on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #HealthyHeartPledge and #SNPSweepstakes for a chance to win a $250 gift card. A total of ten winners will be randomly selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes Schedule, with winners being announced on http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com and SNP’s Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Official instructions and rules of the sweepstakes are as follows:
- Share a photo of a seafood dish prepared using five (5) ingredients or less (not counting spices/garnishes) and list the ingredients or provide a link to a page, which includes a list of the ingredients, and, if possible, include the directions in the social post or via a link.
- Post to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #HealthyHeartPledge and #SNPSweepstakes.
- A total of ten winners will be randomly selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes Schedule to win a $250 gift card. People can submit one entry per day, and SNP will announce winners on http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com, and SNP’s Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- No purchase necessary. The sweepstakes ends on 10/21/16. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com. Void where prohibited.
- By posting the #HealthyHeartPledge hashtag, you are taking SNP’s Healthy Heart Pledge. This means you recognize seafood is a healthy choice for you and your family and you’ll pledge to eat at least two servings of seafood each week and supplement with omega-3s. You can learn more about the Healthy Heart Pledge and sign up for our newsletter for information to help you eat more sustainable seafood on http://www.seafoodnutrition.org/healthy-heart-pledge.html
About Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to inspire a healthier America through partnerships that raise awareness about the essential nutritional benefits of eating seafood. SNP, a member of the Clinton Global Initiative and NCD Roundtable, leads education efforts to help Americans gain the skills to select, order and prepare fish and shellfish, and to inspire a healthier America by promoting a nutrient-rich diet that includes seafood and omega-3s. In October 2015, SNP launched a three-year national public health education campaign. For more information, visit SeafoodNutrition.org.