Brands need to focus on hiring celebrities who wield an influence over the right consumers, not just a huge follower base. The quality of content, the authenticity of the content and the manner in which it is shared all matters now more than ever.
New York, New York (PRWEB) December 17, 2015
Today’s consumer is constantly bombarded with traditional marketing schemes, direct response, retargeting ads and a number of other stealth marketing tactics all with an end goal to elicit a positive response for the respective brand. CelebExperts President and CEO Evan Morgenstein has developed a list of the top 6 tips for utilizing a celebrity social media influencer to cut through the clutter and create a lucrative buzz around a new or existing brand.
Morgenstein believes in partnering with a celebrity social media influencer who can truly engage an audience without making them feel like they are being sold to. He commented, “Brands need to focus on hiring celebrities who wield an influence over the right consumers, not just a huge follower base. The quality of content, the authenticity of the content and the manner in which it is shared all matters now more than ever.”
The evolution of how celebrity social media influencers are used has changed dramatically in the short time frame since brands began employing their help in the last few years. The allure of celebrity social media influencers with a huge follower base is beginning to pale in comparison to celebrity social media influencers who can create natural interaction and engagement with a demographic of consumers predisposed to buy a brand’s product or service. Engagement is the name of the game.
The following are 6 tips on how a celebrity social media influencer can help build your brand and assist in selling your product or services:
1. Let the celebrity do what they do best – A celebrity knows their follower base. Don’t try and re-engineer this relationship. Let the celebrity create the content and develop a strategy that is authentic and feels comfortable for them!
2. Remember, social media is a consumer-to-consumer (C2C) environment more than a business-to-consumer (B2C) environment – In order to create natural interaction and genuine interest in a brand, marketing a celebrity with meaningful influence is the best way to get the general public talking about a specific product or service.
3. Influence the influencers – Every celebrity has influence over a subset of smaller social media influencers that reach different segments of a similar demographic. Marketers can develop a unique program that creates interaction between all these influencers, thus amplifying the message to the right consumers.
4. Make the celebrity social media influencer the face of the campaign – The more engaged the celebrity is, the more emphasis and focus they will put on the campaign. Additionally, building a healthy working relationship with a celebrity and making them feel like a star bodes well for any marketing campaign.
5. Create a database of potential consumers who have responded to your campaigns – What is hot today may not be tomorrow. This is also true for celebrity social media influencers. A celebrity may lose the ability to influence, but maintaining a database of consumers that responded to their campaigns allows marketers to continue to interact with that audience through new, invigorating campaigns.
6. Determine which social media platform performs the best to narrow your search – Understanding which platform will create the most engagement from potential buyers allows marketers to focus on celebrity social media influencers who can create authentic engagement on that specific social media platform.
To see the full write-up on CEO Evan Morgenstein’s top 6 tips for utilizing a celebrity social media influencer to build a brand, visit http://www.celebexperts.com.
CelebExperts is a leading consulting firm dedicated to demystifying the celebrity acquisition process and finding creative solutions to effectively market your brand leveraging the power of a celebrity. For more information on how your brand could utilize a celebrity talent as a spokesperson for upcoming traditional or social media marketing campaigns please contact our team at consulting(at)celebexperts(dot)com or give us a call at (919)459-5426.