Avalaunch Media Announces Winner of Paws vs. Claws Social Media Contest and Animal Advocacy Fundraiser

Share Article

Avalaunch Media reveals the winner and final results of the Paws vs. Claws social media contest. As part of the contest, people voted for their favorite infographic and raised money for two charities, NEADS.org and The Humane Society of the United States.

Avalaunch Media

Avalaunch Media

We knew that Internet absolutely loves their animals so we were excited to see, once and for all, which was more popular -- cats or dogs.

Last month, the Internet marketing team at Avalaunch Media released a pair of infographics. One featured cats and the other, dogs. Each explained social media to the layman and was part of a creative Paws vs. Claws social media campaign. During the month of July, people voted for their favorite graphic and pledged donations to NEADS.org and The Humane Soceity. Now, Avalaunch Media is proud to announce the winning team.

After tallying the votes and total funds collected, Team Paws (the dogs) is the official winner. Dogs collected 59% of the votes, compared to Team Claws (the cats), which collected the remaining 41% of the vote.

“We really had no idea what to expect from this contest,” says David Mink, one of the founders of Avalaunch Media. “We knew that Internet absolutely loves their animals so we were excited to see, once and for all, which was more popular -- cats or dogs.”

Despite the fact that dogs won the contest, 100% of the funds collected will be split between the partnering animal advocacy organizations. Two-thirds of the cash pot will go to NEADS (Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans), which represented the dogs. The remaining third will go to benefit The Humane Society of The United States, the organization that backed the cats.

In all, the campaign garnered roughly 9,000 social shares and ultimately raised thousands of dollars for each animal advocacy organization. Avalaunch Media is honored to have hosted such a philanthropic endeavor and is pleased knowing that the funds will go a long way to benefit some furry friends.

“We had a lot of fun hosting this contest,” continues Mink. “But knowing that it ultimately serves both organizations is worth far more than simply knowing which animal is most popular online.”

Avalaunch Media wishes to thank everyone who voted and donated, along with NEADS and The Human Society of the United States, for work and support.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

David Mink
Follow us on
Visit website