Network with confirmed attendees from twenty Utility Companies at Social Media in the Utilities Sector
As consumers flock to social networking platforms to connect with each other and with businesses of their choosing, utilities need to incorporate social media as part of their broader customer engagement programmes. SMi's 3rd annual Social Media in the Utilities Sector conferece, taking place on 2nd - 3rd April 2014 in London, will provide timely and insightful case studies on lessons learnt to improve your customer engagement practices from an array of utilities who have already implemented their own strategies including Affinity Water, Jamaican Public Service Company Limited, Northern Powergrid, Vitens, Electricity North West, RWE npower, UK Power Networks and more.
London (PRWEB UK) 7 March 2014
Disruptions to power and water supply caused by adverse weather conditions, alongside Ofgem’s efforts to improve price transparency with new tariff caps, highlights the urgency for utilities to improve customer experience and brand loyalty. This is further accentuated by the variety of digital channels and increased usage of mobile devices accessed by consumers – allowing them to easily compare and switch energy suppliers.
SMi’s 3rd annual Social Media in the Utilities Sector conference will provide the ideal platform for discussion on how this digital channel can benefit customer relations, recruitment strategies and improve brand reputation. The two-day conference programme will feature an array of case studies from global Utilities who have already implemented their customer engagement strategies which will provide valuable lessons learnt and best practices from UK Power Networks, Affinity Water, Northern Powergrid, Jamaica Public Service Company Limited, Vitens, Electricity North West, and RWE npower among others.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Toni Kinslow, Marketing Communications Manager, UK Power Networks
- Timothy Compton, Digital Community Coach Digital Engagement Team, Affinity Water
- Emma Cottle, Internet Services Manager, Northern Powergrid
- Tricia Williamson, Social Media & Online Communications Manager, Jamaica Public Service Company Limited
- Kim Van Gameren, Senior Communications Adviser, Vitens
- Jonathan Morgan, External Communications Manager, Electricity North West
- Joanne Frears, Solicitor - Head of Intellectual Property, Jeffrey Green Russell Limited
- Murray Cox, Strategic Director, DigitasLBi
- Beverley Harrington, Brand Reputation and Social Media PR Manager, RWE npower
- Emily Ward, Social Media Marketing Lead, RWE npower
- James Mossman, Associate Director Digital, Edelman
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014media-utilities19.asp.
Plus, don't miss the pre-conference workshop on:
Growing your Sphere of Influence Online | Led by Heleana Quartey, Head of Digital UK, Lewis PR | 1st April 2014, London, UK