“There is a strong shift towards LED lighting. Many hospitals are still using halogen lighting, and that just does not give you the same quality of white spot,” comments Drew Samuels.
Winnipeg, MB (PRWEB) February 21, 2014
The Skytron Surgical Light AUT 1 lights the way in terms of increasing light power, reducing energy consumption and has been engineered to withstand even the most demanding emergency departments, critical care environments, clinics, labor and delivery and more. With seven (7) LEDs with VSRD optics for shadow control, the AUT 1 creates a perfect spot of bright light while using half the energy of comparable halogen lights.
“As society becomes more concerned about energy consumption from an environmental standpoint as well as financial, the new Spectra AUT 1 provides the light intensity needed, but does so in a more efficient way,” explains Drew Samuels, Product Specialist at Meditek.
The Spectra AUT 1 flexibility extends to their placement, offering wall or ceiling mounts as well as a mobile version that can easily be wheeled between rooms and closer to patients. The low profile design means that storage is a breeze, and the light can be moved out of the way when not being used.
- AUT1C: Ceiling mounted with 71” reach, 360° arm rotation and 355° light head rotation
- AUT1W: Wall mounted with 75.5” reach, 180° arm rotation and 355° light head rotation
- AUT1S: Mobile floor stand with 38” reach, 50° upward and 30° downward movement
“There is strong shift towards LED lighting. Many hospitals are still using halogen lighting, and that just does not give you the same quality of white spot,” comments Drew Samuels.
Some of the Spectra AUT 1 features:
- The LEDs have an expected life of 40,000 hours.
- Vertically segmented reflector design creates a crisp and clear spot with exceptional shadow control.
- Spring loaded arms eliminate drift.
- 360° rotation on all axis and 355° pitch produce flexible maneuverability.
- Light head mounted intensity controls allow for simple one touch operation.
- Sealed light head is easy to clean and withstands the rigors of daily use in the most demanding environments.
Brad Samuels, Marketing Manager
Meditek provides the Canadian healthcare industry with medical products such as O.R. tables, O.R. lights and stretchers; as well as services such as facility design planning. More information about Meditek can be found at http://www.mediteksurgical.com.