Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) September 22, 2014
The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
Boehringer Ingelheim’s Spiriva (tiotropium bromide) is marketed for the treatment of COPD in all the markets covered by this report. This drug is a long-acting antimuscarinic/anticholinergic agent that causes bronchodilation by inhibiting the M3 muscarinic receptors located in the smooth muscles of the airway. It works by enlarging the airways to allow for easier breathing.
Order a Purchase copy @ http://www.lifescienceindustryresearch.com/purchase?rname=22971 .
- Overview of Asthma, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Spiriva including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Spiriva for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Spiriva performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Spiriva from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Complete Report Available @ http://www.lifescienceindustryresearch.com/spiriva-asthma-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2023.html .
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Related Reports
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports
3 Disease Overview
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
3.1.4 Quality of Life
4 Disease Management
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines, Clinical Practice, and Leading Prescribed Drugs
4.1.3 Clinical Practice
5 Competitive Assessment
5.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment
6 Spiriva (tiotropium bromide)
6.4 SWOT Analysis
7.4 Forecasting Methodology
7.4.1 Diagnosed Asthma Patients
7.4.2 Percent Drug-Treated Patients
7.4.3 General Pricing Assumptions
7.4.4 Individual Drug Assumptions
7.4.5 Generic Erosion
7.5 Physicians and Specialists Included in This Study
7.6 About the Authors
7.6.4 Global Head of Healthcare
7.7 About GlobalData
List of Tables
Table 1: Symptoms of Asthma
Table 2: Treatment Guidelines for Asthma by Country
Table 3: Most Prescribed Drugs for Asthma by Class and Disease Severity in the Global Markets, 2013
Table 4: Dosing of Common ICSs for Adult Asthma Therapy to Achieve Equivalent Therapeutic Potency
Table 5: Recommended Low Daily Dose of ICSs in Children with Asthma Under Five Years of Age
Table 6: Leading Treatments for Asthma, 2014
Table 7: Product Profile - Spiriva
Table 8: Efficacy - Spiriva's Versus LABA and Double-Dose ICS
Table 9: Adverse Events Related to the Use of Spiriva
Table 10: Spiriva SWOT Analysis, 2014
Table 11: Global Sales Forecast ($) for Spiriva, 2013-2023
Table 12: High-Prescribing Physicians (non-KOLs) Surveyed, By Country
List of Figures
Figure 1: Stepwise Disease Management Approach for Asthma in Adults
Figure 2: Stepwise Disease Management Approach for Asthma in Children Age Five and Younger
Explore more reports on Pharmaceuticals industry at http://www.lifescienceindustryresearch.com/category/pharmaceuticals .
Life Science Industry Research brings to you to the latest reports in market research on Biotechnology, Diagnostics, Healthcare, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals segments from leading research publishers across the globe. These reports also cover data and information on sub-segments and sectors under these life sciences categories.