The Q2 growth of iOS impressions on the StartMeApp network is a clear confirmation of trends we've seen in two previous quarters, reflecting the rise of iOS as a prime delivery vehicle for dynamic mobile content and apps worldwide.
London (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
StartMeApp (http://www.StartMeApp.com), the global mobile ad network and Latin America’s leader in mobile advertising, today released its latest AdSmart Quarterly Report, showing a sharp 50% rise in impressions on the StartMeApp network worldwide from 10 billion to 15 billion monthly from Q1-Q2 2013, as the geographic distribution of StartMeApp impressions shifted out of the network’s Latin America stronghold and into the rapidly growing markets for tablet and smartphone devices in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Latin America still retains the greatest share of StartMeApp monthly impressions worldwide, with a total 4.65 billion impressions regionally, comprising nearly a third (31%) of the network’s global total during Q2-13. When including Mexico, which the network normally tabulates as part of its North America geographic region, the total monthly impressions for LatAm as a whole (including Mexico) reached 6.13 billion during Q2-2013.
The continued strong growth of impressions in Latin America for StartMeApp was outpaced, however, by a rapid increase during Q2 in impressions on the StartMeApp network in the North American, European and APAC regions. Together, those three growth regions for StartMeApp added 3.64 billion new monthly impressions to the network – more during Q2 than the entire 3.3 billion impressions registered during Q1 2013 in the network’s mainstay of Latin America.
While the Android OS retained its leading share of total impressions on the StartMeApp network during Q2, comprising 47% of total impressions, the geographic shift of impressions on the StartMeApp network was accompanied by a notable increase in the growth rate of Apple’s iOS operating system, with iOS’s rate of growth actually surpassing that of Android across virtually every region worldwide for StartMeApp during Q2:
- In North America (including the USA, Canada and Mexico), the iOS share of impressions grew by 5%, from 28% to 33% during the quarter, nearly equaling Android’s share of the total, which remained static quarter-to-quarter at 35%;
- In Europe, Apple’s iOS increased its share of impressions on the StartMeApp network by 3%, from 30% in Q1 to 33% during Q2, while Android’s share of the regional total fell by 5% from 51% in Q1 to 46% in Q2;
- In the APAC region, iOS also bested Android’s growth rate, seeing its share of impressions regionwide grow 3% from 16% in Q1 to 19% in Q2; Android’s share of APAC impressions grew by 2%, from 55% in Q1 to 57% in Q2, keeping it the undisputed leader among operating systems in APAC on the network; and,
- In Latin America, iOS grew it share of impressions on the network by 2% during Q2, from 20% to 22% of total impressions, as compared to Android’s up tick of just 1% from 45% to 46% during the same period.
“The Q2 growth of impressions on the StartMeApp network corresponding to Apple’s iOS is a clear confirmation of the trends we began to see on our network in the two previous quarters, and also reflects the important rise of iOS as a prime delivery vehicle for dynamic mobile content and apps that’s being seen across the mobile landscape worldwide,” said Alejandro Campos Carles, Co-Managing Director and Founder, StartMeApp.
“As StartMeApp’s network continues to grow and evolve,” added StartMeApp Co-Managing Director and Founder Gaston Fonzo, “we know that our publisher, brand and agency clients will enjoy ever-greater flexibility and options in the deployment and optimization of their campaigns, whether across Android, iOS or other mobile operating systems, multiple device types, carriers, content and WAP portals in all geographic regions worldwide.”
The growth in the shares of impressions on the StartMeApp network corresponding to Android, iOS and other mobile operating systems (including Windows and Blackberry) continues to occur primarily at the expense of the legacy Symbian OS, which fell by 9% worldwide on the StartMeApp network during the last quarter, from 27% of the total in Q1-2013 to just 18% in Q2.
Concurrent with the slide in Symbian’s fortunes, the share of impressions corresponding to feature phones worldwide on StartMeApp’s network also fell sharply by 10%, from 26% in Q1 to just 16% of the total impressions in Q2. Smartphones, meanwhile, gained 8% in their share of impressions, while tablets gained 2% of impressions worldwide during the quarter. These trends were seen in the regional breakouts of device-type distribution of impressions on the StartMeApp network:
- In Europe, where feature phones are virtually non-existent today, tablet devices increased their share of StartMeApp impressions at the expense of smartphones, with tablets growing 7%, from 11% in Q1 to 18% in Q2, and smartphones’ share of regional impressions falling 7% from 89% to 82% quarter-to-quarter;
- In North America (including the USA, Canada and Mexico), tablet’s share of impressions on the network increased by 5%, from 12% in Q1 to 17% in Q2, while smartphones saw their share increase 3%, from 73% in Q1 to 76% in Q2;
- In Latin America, tablets’ share of impressions on StartMeApp’s network grew by 3% to 8% of the total during Q2, while smartphone devices likewise grew 3% to 62% of the total, retaining their lion’s share of all impressions in the region on StartMeApp’s network; and,
- In the APAC region, both tablets and smartphones increased their shares of impressions by 3%, with tablets registering 10% of total impressions in APAC during Q2 and smartphones 73% of total APAC impressions for the quarter.
An independent, privately owned mobile advertising network with global reach, StartMeApp currently serves mobile ads in 100 countries across five continents, delivering 15 billion ad impressions monthly, with ad impressions forecast to increase to 30 billion monthly in 2013. Since its launch in 2011, StartMeApp has delivered tens of thousands of effective brand campaigns for clients that include well-known global and regional corporate brands, such as Audi, Air France, Fox Latino, Peugeot, Adidas, Allianz, Microsoft, Claro, Despegar.com and others.
StartMeApp is connected to all leading buy-side mobile ad networks and exchanges worldwide, as well as all major global sell-side providers of rich-media apps and mobile content, including carrier on portal audience, mobile web sites, WAP sites as well as applications traffic.
StartMeApp’s unique ad-serving capabilities combine with the extensive mobile expertise and experience of the company’s management and staff to provide the highest possible return on mobile advertising investment for clients worldwide.
To obtain a copy of the “StartMeApp AdSmart Quarterly Report – Q2 2013,” interested parties should contact: Isabelle Thille, Director of Operations, StartMeApp, tell: +54 11 4782 4126, email: isabelle.thille(at)startmeapp(dot)com.
To learn more about StartMeApp and the mobile advertising opportunities available to its brand, ad agency and content publishing clients in Latin America, North America, Europe, Asia and Africa, visit http://www.StartMeApp.com.
# # #
An independent, privately owned global mobile advertising network, StartMeApp runs tens of thousands of effective brand and ad campaigns each year and serves mobile ads, apps and content in 100 countries across North and South America, Europe, Asia and Africa. Currently delivering 15 billion impressions monthly, StartMeApp’s unique, high-frequency ad-serving platform fully integrates demand-side and supply-side functionalities to connect publishers, VAS providers and aggregators of mobile apps and content to all leading ad networks and exchanges worldwide. At the same time, StartMeApp provides brand advertisers and agencies access to major global sources of high-quality, rich-media apps and content inventory, including carrier on-portal audience, mobile web sites, WAP sites and mobile applications traffic. For more information about StartMeApp, visit: http://StartMeApp.com.