Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) June 02, 2014
According to report “Stem Cell Research Products Market - Opportunities, Tools, and Technologies” as of 2014, several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Fetal stem cells, obtained from fetuses
- Post-natal stem cells, derived from newborn tissues
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues – including Hematopoietic stem cells, Mesenchymal stem cells, and Neural stem cells
- Cord blood stem cells, isolated from umbilical tissue
- Dental stem cells, derived from deciduous teeth
- Induced pluripotent stem cells, reprogrammed from adult cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
- Animal stem cells, derived from non-human sources
The past 10 years have also witnessed the production of novel stem cell types, including piPSCs, R-NSCs, and VSELs. Together, this evidence suggests that additional types of stem cells will likely be discovered, each representing new opportunities for research product development. Clearly, laboratory research into stem cell derivation, manipulation, and application is rapidly expanding.
To facilitate research resulting from these advances, a large and diverse stem cells products market has emerged. Large companies selling stem cell research products include Thermo Fisher Scientific (now merged with Life Technologies), BD Biosciences, EMD Millipore, Sigma Aldrich, and STEMCELL Technologies, as well as over one hundred other suppliers.
Currently, the following product categories compose the majority of global stem cell product sales:
- Primary antibodies to stem cell antigens
- Bead-based stem cell separation systems
- Fluorescent-based labeling and detection
- Stem cell protein purification and analysis tools
- Tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells
- Isolation/characterization services
- Stem cell culture media and reagents
- Stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines
- Tools for stem cell gene regulation
- Stem cell services and mechanisms for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking
- Expansion/differentiation services for stem cell media and RNAi
- Stem cell lines
The key areas that account for the majority of applied stem cell research include:
- Regenerative Medicine - Reversal of injury or disease
- Drug Target Validation and Drug Delivery - Treatment of disease
- Toxicology Screening - Drug safety and efficacy assessment
- Understanding and Treatment of Birth Disorders - Natal repair
Purchase report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=10597.
This 2014 report provides detailed information on both basic and applied stem cell research and research applications and includes an updated list of global stem cell research centers by region.
Furthermore, it is crucial for stem cell companies to understand the funding environment that supports stem cell research. Currently, the U.S. federal government is an important, although not dominant, source of funding for stem cell research. The reason is that U.S. states are spending almost as much as the federal government on stem cell research and are actually spending more than the federal government on human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research. Private sources also contribute a huge amount of funding, with analysis of recent large gifts summing to over $1.7 billion.
Not surprisingly, trend analysis reveals rapid increases in stem cell research activity over the past five years, specifically a scientific publication rate increase of 9.9% per year.
The stem cell types with the greatest year-to-year increases in publication rates over a trailing five-year period include:
- Mesenchymal stem cells
- Induced pluripotent stem cells
- Neural stem cells
Summary of Findings
Full-year 2013 analysis determines the size of the stem cell research products market to be $3.22 billion, and the stem cell therapies market to be $3.31 billion, for a total of $6.53 billion. In addition, both markets are growing with double-digit growth. Producing stem cell research products thus represent a massive profit opportunity for research supply companies.
Additionally, the industry insights contained in this market report will allow you to dramatically increase your profits within the stem cell sector. Key findings within the report include:
- Charts, Timelines, and Financials for the Stem Cell Products Market
- Breakdown of Research Activity by Application, Species, and Tissue Source
- Geographical Assessment of Market Demand
- Trend Data and Rate Analysis for Stem Cell Grants, Scientific Publications, and Patents
- Market Size Determinations for Stem Cell Research Products
- Market Size Determinations for Related Markets - Stem Cell Antibodies and Stem Cell Therapies
- 5-Year Market Size Projections (2014-2018)
- Competitive Environment Analysis, Including Identification of Market Leaders
- Marketing Methods Used by Industry Participants
- Crucial Trends and Unmet Market Needs
- End-User Survey of Stem Cell Researchers (97 U.S. / 173 International / 19 Undefined)
- And Much More
Explore other new reports by BioInformant Worldwide @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/publisher/bioinformant-worldwide-llc/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Call +1 888 391 5441 with your industry research requirements or email the details on sales at reportsandreports.com.