As we explore the culture and opportunities Strategic Radiology makes available to members, MRA strongly identified with the SR mission to improve quality and safety, share best practices, and support independent radiology.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (PRWEB) June 11, 2019
The 47-radiologist practice Mecklenburg Radiology Associates has joined the Strategic Radiology coalition of independent radiology practices, bringing the total number of member practices to 27 and joining Asheville Radiology Associates as the second Strategic Radiology member group in North Carolina.
Founded in 1917, Charlotte, NC-based Mecklenburg Radiology Associates is the oldest radiology practice in the state, and the exclusive provider of medical imaging services to both the Novant Health System in Charlotte, NC, and environs, and the Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, a Community Health Systems acute care hospital in Mooresville, NC.
“We are happy to welcome Mecklenburg Radiology into Strategic Radiology,” said Arl Van Moore Jr, MD, Strategic Radiology CEO and Chairman. “With its strong commitment to independent practice and organized radiology, Mecklenburg Radiology Associates is eager to engage in active collaboration with other SR member practices to help build on the unique value provided by member groups to our patients and the hospitals we serve.”
The practice is broadly subspecialized, with fellowship-trained radiologists in body, cardiovascular, emergency, interventional, neuro-interventional, musculoskeletal, pediatric, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, and women’s imaging subspecialties. It provides expert, subspecialized, 24/7/365 medical imaging services to 19 Novant hospital and outpatient locations, and one CHS hospital.
“As we explore the culture and opportunities Strategic Radiology makes available to members, MRA strongly identified with the SR mission to improve quality and safety, share best practices, and support independent radiology,” said James C. Johnson, MD, president, Mecklenburg Radiology Associates.
Added Joe Barbee, MRA’s executive director: “We see tremendous value in the collaboration between independent practices, as well as opportunities to achieve cost savings through group purchasing as a member of Strategic Radiology.”
With 47 board-certified radiologists, many with fellowship training in multiple subspecialties, the partners of Mecklenburg Radiology Associates are active in organized radiology at the state and national levels. MRA neuroradiologist Robert Barr, MD, currently serves as president of the American Society of Neuroradiology.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of 27 independent, private radiology practices, representing more than 1,100 radiologists. The coalition’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation’s only radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
SR Core Members:
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- The Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members:
- Asheville Radiology Associates; Asheville, NC
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Mecklenburg Radiology Associates; Charlotte, NC
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Minneapolis Radiology Associates; Minneapolis, MN
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates, PA; Little Rock, AR
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Radiology Associates of Appleton; Appleton, WI
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging Medical Group; Santa Monica, CA
- United Imaging Consultants; Mission, KS
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN