This event is an outstanding way to help create opportunities for young female athletes and to expand participation in the sport worldwide.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) June 25, 2015
Baltimore-based STX, LLC, a global sporting goods leader, today announced that Team STX is traveling to England to compete against Team England, the reigning Women’s European Lacrosse Champions. Team STX is STX’s elite, post-collegiate women’s lacrosse team, comprised of many members of Team USA, collegiate All-Americans, Tewaaraton Award finalists and players who excelled in top college programs across the country.
Team STX will play Team England in a friendly competition at the Surrey Sports Park, home to the 2017 Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) Rathbones Women’s Lacrosse World Cup. The game will be held Sunday, July 19 at 5 p.m. local time. Team STX will also face the Team England Development Squad on Friday, July 17 at 7 p.m. Both games will be open to the public and free to attend.
“This is an exciting time for women’s lacrosse. The relationship with STX supports our goal to raise the profile of the sport in England ahead of the 2017 FIL Rathbones Women’s Lacrosse World Cup,” said Caroline Royle, Marketing Manager of English Lacrosse. “The partnership with STX aligns English Lacrosse with the most innovative and biggest brand in lacrosse.”
Team STX will host two girls lacrosse camps prior to the games. Team STX athletes, including D’Amore and former University of North Carolina defense woman Sloane Serpe, will teach new techniques and drills to sharpen player’s lacrosse skills. The camps, open to youth female lacrosse players ages 10-18, will be held Friday, July 17 and Sunday, July 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Surrey Sports Park.
“We are pleased to partner with English Lacrosse to help raise awareness of women’s lacrosse. The youth players abroad will have the chance to learn from the sport’s most elite players,” said Jessica Bieber, Women’s Lacrosse Brand Manager at STX. “This event is an outstanding way to help create opportunities for young female athletes and to expand participation in the sport worldwide.”
In addition, STX has signed five new members to Team STX who will travel to England to compete in the games this July. New members of Team STX include:
- Stephanie Finley (Media, Pa.) – Finley broke James Madison University’s single-season draw record with 69 draw controls. Finley was named IWLCA Second Team All-American, IWLCA All-South Region First Team and CAA Co-Player of the Year. Finley graduated cum laude from James Madison University and was named to the Dean’s and President’s Lists.
- Shannon Gilroy (Northport, N.Y.) – Gilroy finished her collegiate career at Florida as one of the most decorated lacrosse players in NCAA history and tied for eighth all-time with 256 career goals. Gilroy is currently Florida’s all-time leading goal scorer and was named a two-time Tewaaraton finalist, three-time IWLCA All-American and two-time Conference Midfielder of the Year. Gilroy is also a coach for the Long Island Yellow Jackets 2020 Blue Team.
- Kelsey Marie Richardson (Memphis, N.Y.) – A former goalkeeper at Syracuse, Richardson was named ACC All-Tournament Team and Big East All-Tournament Team. With Syracuse, she competed in four NCAA Final Fours. Richardson was also named to the Dean’s List for three consecutive years and is currently a coach for the Orange Crush travel team in Syracuse.
- Erin Slifer (Mount Airy, Md.) – A standout at Princeton, Slifer was named the Ivy League Midfielder of the Year in 2015. She led Princeton in points during her senior year with 41 goals and 30 assists. Slifer was also named Second Team All-American, First Team All-Region and First Team All-ECAC.
- Kristen Lamon (Annapolis, Md.) – During her impressive career at the University of Maryland, the Terrapins were three-time ACC Regular Season and Tournament Champions and were the 2015 Big Ten Regular Season Champions. Lamon competed in four NCAA Final Four games with the Terps. In addition, Lamon was named three-time All-ACC Academic and one-time All-Big Ten Academic.
As a part of the England tour, STX is running a contest for a fan to win a signed Team STX jersey, a pair of 4SightForm goggles and a complete Crux 500 stick. To enter the contest, like and tag two friends in all of the Instagram posts on @STXWLAX throughout Team STX’s trip. Be sure to follow @STXWLAX and use the #TEAMSTXENGLAND when tagging to be entered into the contest.
To learn more about the Team STX versus Team England games, clinics and contest rules, please visit http://www.stx.com/team-stx-england/.
STX is a global sporting goods leader in the sports of lacrosse, field hockey and ice hockey. With its 1970 introduction of the first synthetic lacrosse head, STX ushered in the “modern era” of what is now the fastest growing team sport. Based in Baltimore, the home of lacrosse, STX has been universally recognized for innovation in product design and development. STX continues to strive for new performance standards in sporting goods equipment at the highest levels of competition. For more information, visit http://www.stx.com.