Calabasas, CA (PRWEB) May 30, 2014
“BIOTECH STRATEGIC SOURCING SUMMIT: REDUCING COST, LEAD TIME & DEFECTS”
June 24, 2014, 1 PM to 5:30 PM, followed by Cocktail Reception
Early Bird Registration Fee as low as $115 to expire on May 30.
Venue: Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice,
5998 Alcala Park, University of San Diego, San DIEGO, CA 92110
Strategic sourcing remains a formidable challenge in the critical areas of R&D, Clinical Trials and eventual Commercialization for Start Ups to Mid-sized companies in the biotech, pharma and medical device industries.
Business and academic leaders will address the strategic and tactical management of sourcing to support functional links of the supply chain from R&D to Commercialization; information systems solutions from Excel to SAP; CROs, CMOs and Logistics Providers; environmentally controlled distribution; risk mitigation; and, strategic sourcing management talent.
SPEAKERS CONFIRMED TO DATE
- Dan Ambrose, Director, Continuous Improvement Customer Solutions Strategic Partners, VWR International
- Paul Anderson, Vice President of Global Procurement, Life Technologies
- Mark Buck, Global Supply Chain and Procurement Leader, Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Rick Fultz, Managing Director, BIOCOM Purchasing Group
- Tom Heebink, Business Development & Strategic Alliances, Western Region, BIO
- Joseph Hopkins, Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations, Allergan
- Mary Kachinsky, Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing, Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Myles Marcus, Supply Chain Management Consultant
- Wayne McDonnell, Pharma and Life Sciences Advisory, PwC
- Devendra Mishra, Executive Director, Bio Supply Management Alliance (BSMA)
- Paul Seaback, Head of Global Supply Chain, Gilead Sciences
- Joel Sutherland, Managing Director, Supply Chain Management Institute, University of Dan Diego
- Martin Van Trieste, Senior Vice President, Quality, Amgen
- Doug Wettergren, Regional Sales Manager, Envirotainer
- Isaac Young, Sr. Director Supply Chain Operations, BioMarin Pharmaceuticals
ADVISORY BOARD OF BSMA
Dave Malenfant, VP, Global Supply Chain, Alcon Laboratories; Rayne Waller, VP, Global Supply Chain, Amgen; Shankar Suryanarayanan, Executive Director, Baxter; Kevin Pegels, Vice President, Supply Chain, Bayer Healthcare – Biotech; Rob Tenerowicz, VP, Supply Chain Management, Bio-Marin Pharmaceuticals; Mark Buck, Global Supply Chain and Procurement Leader, Bio-Rad Laboratories; Mary Kachinsky, Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing, Cubist Pharmaceuticals; Susanne Somerville, VP, Supply Chain, North America Region, Genentech-Roche; Paul Seaback, Head of Global Supply Chain, Gilead Sciences; Richard Dawe, Professor, Ageno School of Business, Golden Gate University; Paul Anderson, VP, Global Procurement, Life Technologies; Mahender Singh, Research Director, Center for Transportation & Logistics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Nancy Nix, Former Director, Executive MBA Program, Professor, Texas Christian University; and, Phil Kaminsky, Chairman, School of IE&OR, UC Berkeley.
The Bio Supply Management Alliance, which organizes the Conference, was born of the need to create a worldwide community of operations and supply chain management leaders and professionals in the biotech, biopharma, and biomedical device industries.The Alliance provides a forum for collaboration, learning and best practice sharing of practitioners, executives and thought leaders.
Because life depends on usTM, the Bio Supply Management Alliance supports continuous learning and improvement of bio supply management professionals.