Addison, TX (PRWEB) October 30, 2014
Systemware Inc., a leading enterprise content management(ECM) company, today announced the release of Content Integrator Version 4.14. It includes enhancements to Systemware’s Content Navigator, Content Packager and Records Manager offerings and introduces a Content Cloud Manager solution that ultimately will provide visibility into all aspects of a Systemware Content Cloud deployment.
The new Content Cloud Manager will control the installation, configuration, monitoring, logging and operation of a Systemware Content Cloud deployment. With it, users have the ability to send commands to Content Cloud nodes and display the status and results. The new Content Cloud Manager Agent, an application that runs on distributed Content Cloud machines, is the conduit for activity from the centralized Content Cloud Manager.
“We are very excited to make available this release,” said Robert Johnson, Systemware’s Quality Assurance Manager. “Especially significant is the new Content Cloud Manager, which represents a big step forward for Systemware Content Cloud. It gives an organization complete accessibility to its Content Cloud deployment, control of the entire system, and the ability to perform proactive monitoring. It’s akin to a command center for Content Cloud.”
Systemware Content Cloud, Systemware’s new approach to content storage and access, is an integrated enterprise content network consisting of distributed and/or centralized servers that help organizations maximize the value of their enterprise content. Offering infrastructure resiliency, optimized accessibility and cost efficiencies, Systemware Content Cloud captures, organizes, manages, and delivers the exact information needed, when it’s needed, all within the context of the business process.
Other highlights of Content Integrator Version 4.14 include:
- A Content Application Module Creator that facilitates and simplifies the creation of custom, business-specific content applications. The CAM Creator walks through a logical series of interactive questions with subsequent questions based on earlier responses. Once all of the requisite information is gathered, the CAM is created and can be automatically installed.
- Enhancements to Content Navigator. A new View in New Window action supports viewing content in multiple browser windows. There is new dialog to specify page ranges for downloads and an updated search results grid for overall system consistency. Users now are able to find content based on report information and index values from the standard search screen. This provides a simplified interface and an easy conversion path from traditional small- and medium-scale global indexes.
- Enhancements to Enterprise Index. The same actions available from the Content Navigator now are available from Enterprise Index. The viewer header has been modified to provide index and report information; and there is new dialog to specify page ranges for downloads.
- New support for the ability of Content Packager to manage and limit package sizes by item count and number of bytes.
- Several new features and enhancements to the Records Manager Content Application Module. There now is two-stage record-filing support for the Microsoft Office Add-in, support retention schedules for documents as well as records, and a simplified process for configuring client-specific record metadata fields.
Content Integrator installation packages are available for two forms of deployment. The Content Integrator Web component is a Java EE application that can be deployed on Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere Application Server, and other Java EE or J2EE standard application servers. The Content Integrator server component is a Java standalone server that can be deployed in a variety of operating systems. Using a built-in HTTP server, this server’s main function is to facilitate asynchronous background processing required by Content Integrator services.
Both Content Integrator components employ service-oriented architecture and include a set of extendable service modules. Services are activated by configuration settings and license activation codes.
Software and documentation for this release are available from the Systemware Customer Information Portal. Those without portal access can contact Systemware customer support by phone at 972-239-2803 or by email at techsupport(AT)systemware.com.
Systemware has been a leader in enterprise content management for more than 30 years. Systemware ECM solutions are deployed in many of the largest organizations in the world to effectively and efficiently capture, index, store and manage billions of documents. Systemware high-volume content management solutions are utilized in many industries — including financial services, insurance, healthcare and retail — to capitalize on information assets, improve customer service, reduce operating costs, support compliance objectives and facilitate better-informed business decisions. Systemware offers a variety deployment options — on premises, cloud and hybrid. For more information, visit http://www.systemware.com or call 1-800-535-8681.