We believe teachers can address the challenges they face with the right tools. Rather than sending teachers on courses away from their classroom we aim to release the social capital within an organisation.
Brighton, Sussex, UK (PRWEB UK) 16 September 2013
“This is an incredible achievement,” says Andy Newell, Founder and Managing Director of IRIS Connect. “Over the past five years, we have worked meticulously to build the most advanced and teacher friendly system. We focus on the key ingredients proven to make CPD more effective: self-reflection and review, experienced based learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring and building communities of practice. The numbers speak for themselves, 19,000 teachers in just over 675 schools is positive proof that personalised, contextualised and relevant professional development is what teachers are looking for."
IRIS Connect is the only video based education company born out of research. The system is a unique blend of video and web based technologies designed to meet specific needs. This research led approach ensures the focus always remains upon the teacher and how best to support their CPD activities.
Graham Newell, Education Director at IRIS Connect added, “We believe teachers can address the challenges they face with the right tools. Rather than sending teachers on courses away from their classroom, we aim to release the social capital within an organisation. Thus enabling teachers to discover, develop and share teaching practice both within and between schools, and utilise their everyday lessons as opportunities to learn and develop together."
In addition to offering high quality video systems and collaborative online tools for teachers, IRIS Connect is committed to supporting their customers with community learning events. These events offer guidance for adoption of the technology and encourage collaboration projects between schools using the system.
IRIS Connect continues to build relationships with leading education organisations such as the ASCL, Teacher Development Trust and Whole Education further solidifying the company’s reputation in the industry.
Meet IRIS Connect at the forthcoming events:
- NAHT Education Conference, Bradford & London
- UCET Annual Conference, Burton on Trent, 7th & 8th November 2013
- Evidence High Impact In-House CPD, London, 12th November 2013
- SLT Camp, Surrey, 15th November 2013
- ASCL Cymru Annual Conference, Cardiff, 28th & 29th November 2013
Notes to Editor:
- IRIS Connect is a collaborative CPD tool that enables teachers to reflect on, analyse and share teaching practice.
- IRIS Connects mobile video technology and a secure web based platform was developed from research into "what works" to improve teaching and learning. It allows deep and objective self-reflection and peer observation; secure permission based sharing of practice; and more effective coaching and mentoring relationships.
- IRIS Connect believes in the collective capacity of teaching professionals to address the challenges they face. By providing appropriate facilitation and learning tools IRIS Connect increases the social capital within and between schools and empowers teachers to discover, develop and share effective teaching through meaningful collaboration.
- IRIS Connect works with over 500 schools and 13,000 teachers in the UK alone, building a network for teachers to securely discuss and share practice with their peers.
For more information about IRIS Connect contact Sarah Pinkerton, sarah(at)irisconnect(dot)co.uk or visit http://www.irisconnect.co.uk.