Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) February 28, 2015
This report provides an overview of the US broadband market, including FttP and other fibre network developments. It details the major fibre deployments and key market statistics and forecasts. The report also provides analyses, key statistics and forecasts on the US mobile market, including telcos’ financial and operating data to Q4 2014, and assessments of their strategies, regulatory policies, and market developments in emerging technologies.
Network neutrality promising major changes to fixed and mobile broadband service conditions
The US broadband market is currently witnessing significant investment activity in fibre deployments, HFC upgrades and mobile broadband network rollouts. Much of the investment in fibre is being undertaken by a significant number of smaller players and municipalities rather than the two key telcos, which are concentrating on a hybrid fibre/copper network. The activities of market players such as Google, Cincinnati Bell and others have encouraged smaller carriers to continue to deploy fibre deeper into their networks.
Complete report details with Table of Contents and more at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/56427.html.
The US mobile subscriber base is approaching 340 million, and although growth has slowed with higher penetration levels, mobile data use remains strong in line with the fast development of LTE networks and the high take-up of smartphones, which now account for about 80% of all handset devices on mobile networks. Data revenue also continues to grow steadily year-on-year, though is subject to considerable price competition among the main players. A potential shift market dynamics can be expected in coming years following the FCC’s recommendation that mobile broadband be subject to network neutrality rules.
- Google Fibre extended to four more cities
- C Spire adopts Google Fiber’s strategy to build out fibre in Mississippi
- fibre extends to more than 39% of commercial buildings
- AT&T to invest $14 billion in LTE and U-verse network to 2015
- FCC proposes new net neutrality measures, also to cover mobile broadband
- State of the Union address promotes end to state legislation banning municipal broadband networks.
Purchase a copy of this research report at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=56427.
- Frontier acquires Verizon’s wireline assets in three western states for $10.5 billion
- New York state proposal for $1 billion investment in broadband infrastructure, using state and private funds
- Next Century Cities program expands to 50 cities developing affordable broadband solutions
- USDA makes available $190.5 million in loans and grants for rural broadband
- FCC rules 25Mb/s as a newly defined broadband speed
- Liberty Media to spin off new Liberty Broadband Group
- FCC approves $2 billion to improve WiFi to schools
- FCC concludes AWS auction, securing $44.9 billion
- AT&T to close down 2G infrastructure by end-2016
Companies mentioned in this report
Verizon; Google; AT&T; CenturyLink, Clearwire; Sprint; MetroPCS; US Cellular; Qwest; Frontier; Windstream; Fairpoint; Cincinnati Bell; Comcast; HughesNet; ViaSat, T-Mobile US, Tracfone, MetroPCS Communications, Leap Wireless, Frontline, Alltel.
Other Related Reports on IT & Telecommunication Market:
Switzerland - Telecoms, IP Networks and Digital Media (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/56417.html) Switzerland has Europe’s highest broadband penetration rate. The country benefits from universal DSL infrastructure and an expansive cable broadband network, with effective cross-platform competition.
Bosnia-Herzegovina - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/125395.html) Internet services are available through the incumbents and alternative operators. Internet usage in Bosnia-Herzegovina is showing signs of significant growth on the back of competition and the improved availability of services.
MarketReportsOnline.com is an online database of regional industry research reports, company profiles and SWOT analysis studies for multiple industries, organizations and market segments. Our sales and research experts offer 24 X 7 support to our customers through phone and email communication. Not limited to the it & telecommunication industry, MarketReportsOnline.com offers research studies on agriculture, energy and power, chemicals, advanced materials, retail, environment, food and beverages, agriculture, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, semiconductor and electronics and much more.