Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 21, 2013
While the benefits of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and network virtualization are well known in the enterprise IT and data center world, both technologies also bring a hosts of benefits to the telecommunications service provider/carrier community.
Not only can SDN and network virtualization help address the explosive capacity demand of mobile traffic, but they can also reduce the CapEx and OpEx burden faced by service providers to handle this demand by diminishing reliance on expensive proprietary hardware platforms.
SDN and network virtualization solutions have been widely deployed in data center and enterprise environments, and many service provider deployments are already underway.
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is service provider led initiative aimed at virtualizing network components in a service provider network. While NFV is still a developing technology with its first set of specifications published in October 2013, many vendors have already developed commercial-grade solutions that align well with the NFV initiative.
The report “The SDN, NFV & Network Virtualization Bible: 2014 – 2020 - http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/269428-the-sdn-nfv-network-virtualization-bible-2014-2020.html ” has the following key findings:
- Driven by the thriving ecosystem, the research estimates that the SDN, NFV and network virtualization market will account for nearly $4 Billion in 2014 alone. The research estimates further growth at a CAGR of nearly 60% over the next 6 years
- Although network virtualization in the enterprise IT and data center domain has received significant attention in the past years, service provider network virtualization is still at a nascent stage
- SDN and NFV empower a multitude of network functions to be implemented cost effectively in software, ranging from standard mobile IP Multimedia System (IMS) services to features such as Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- By 2017 we expect to see significant price and gross margin erosion for traditional hardware-based network switching equipment driven by alternative software based solutions
- By 2020 the research estimates that SDN and NFV can enable service providers (both wireline and wireless) to save up to $32 Billion in annual CapEx investments
The report covers the following topics:
- The scope and implementation of SDN, NFV and network virtualization across the globe
- SDN, NFV and network virtualization technology
- Market drivers and key benefits of SDN, NFV and network virtualization
- Challenges and inhibitors to the ecosystem
- Standardization and regulatory initiatives
- Use cases and application case studies of SDN and NFV
- SDN and NFV deployment case studies
- SDN and NFV induced service provider CapEx savings
- Value chain analysis of the ecosystem and the recognition of key players in each segment of the value chain
- Industry roadmap from 2014 till 2020
- Key trends in the ecosystem; SDN and NFV’s impact on the network infrastructure value chain, the stance of incumbent vendors towards SDN and NFV, impact on the proprietary hardware market and co-existence with legacy networks
- Exclusive interview transcripts of 17 players in the ecosystem; Alvarion, Aricent, Arista Networks, Broadcomm, Connectem, ConteXtream, Extreme Networks, GENBAND, Mavenir, Netronome, Open Networking Foundation (ONF), Openwave Mobility, Pica8, Plexxi, Radisys, Spirent Communications and Tellabs
- Profiles and strategies of 122 key players in the ecosystem
- Strategic recommendations for silicon & server OEMs, network & mobile Infrastructure vendors, IT giants, pure-play SDN/NFV specialists, enterprises, data center operators and service providers
- Historical revenue figures and forecasts till 2020
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=269428.
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts and historical revenue figures are provided for each of the following submarkets, user base and use case categories:
- SDN Software & Hardware
- Non-NFV Network Virtualization Software
- NFV Software
- SDN Controller Hardware Appliances
- SDN Controller Software
User Base Categories
- Service Providers
- Data Centers & Enterprises
Service Provider Use Case Categories
- Radio Access Networks
- Mobile Core, EPC, IMS & Services
- Data Center
- Mobile Backhaul
- Wireline Fixed Access Networks
- CPE/Home Environment
The following regional and country markets are also covered:
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
- Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK and USA
Additional forecasts are provided for:
- SDN and NFV Induced Service Provider CapEx Savings by Region
List of Companies Mentioned in the report
Browse other reports by Signals and Systems Telecom @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/publisher/signals-and-systems-telecom/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.