" A colorful feast for the eyes as well as the ears, people were laughing, clapping, and stirring up the dust with unbridled enthusiasm.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (PRWEB) December 26, 2018
The Kanbar Center at the Osher Marin JCC brings the multicultural flavors, movement, live music, and fun of summer festivals to the indoors. Dholrhythms Dance Company returns for "The Colors of India," an evening of joyful dance, music, food, and fun that will warm up the Winter Nights.
The dance performance will lead into bhangra dance instruction from the troupe itself, followed by a great dance party on the floor with Dholrhythms Dance Company accompanied by live dhol drummers.
There will be a full bar, free bindis at the door, opportunities for henna painting, and Indian food available for purchase from Epicurean Group’s own on-site pop-up restaurant.
Come shake off the winter blues with a joyful night of performance, dance, and fun! Watch, learn, participate, and enjoy!
- WHAT: Winter Nights Punjab Dance Performance & Bollywood Dance Party with Dholrhythms Dance Company
- SEATING: General Admission & Reserved Table Seating Options TICKETS: $22 – $35 / Student discount for ages 17 & under
- WHEN: Sat. Jan. 26 @ 8:00pm | 7:00pm: Doors, Cocktails, Concessions, Pop-up Restaurant | 8-8:45pm: Dance Performance | 9pm: Dance Lesson Followed by Dance Party!
- WHERE: The Osher Marin JCC, 200 North San Pedro Road, San Rafael.
- PARKING: Ample FREE Parking. Accessing the Osher Marin JCC from Highway 101 is effortless, 1/2 mile E off 101.
- TICKETS: Available at http://www.marinjcc.org/arts
Based in San Francisco, Dholrhythms Dance Company is an organization dedicated to promoting the artistic and cultural heritage of India through the beautiful bhangra and giddha folk dances of Punjab, India. Since its inception in 2003, Dholrhythms has grown into a boundless and unique platform for people of diverse backgrounds to come together, express themselves, and dance in a non-competitive and positive environment.