This is an excellent peer-to-peer learning experience, as industry professionals present case studies, solutions, use of innovation, plus value propositions to generate management buy-in.
WAYZATA, Minn. (PRWEB) November 16, 2018
End-user professionals in the Commercial Card and Payment industry require specialized knowledge and enhanced skill sets to administer their programs, while the providers who serve them must generate products, services and expertise to make that work more efficient and profitable.
Many of these resources are available to the general public, including:
- Optimizing Revenue Sharing Report Executive Summary
- Global Salary Survey Executive Summary
- P-Card Introductory Materials
- Industry News
- Poll Results
“Each week I set aside time to visit the NAPCP website, and I find the news section to get caught up with recent developments,” said NAPCP member Jennifer Baerren. “And the event calendar provides the one stop for upcoming events.”
Some of the most-requested resources to meet program management needs include information related to:
- Establishing and growing a program
- Keeping up with industry trends to create efficiencies
- Understanding changing and challenging regulations
- Pulling together a unified, integrated program
- Converting processes from manual to automated
- Using innovation, such as Artificial Intelligence, for cost-savings
- Case studies and white papers
- Sample documents and implementation guides
- Recorded webinars
- Surveys and polls
The NAPCP also keeps abreast of the industry’s most talked about subjects and issues, including:
- How Artificial Intelligence can boost audit practices
- Optimizing datamining techniques
- Better understanding the cash cycle digitization process
- Running analytics to provide oversight, identify trends, and drive efficiency
- Using MCC codes templates to better control cardholder spend
- Implementing cutting-edge automation tools
- Managing vendors
- Implementing key instruction design techniques
The above topics, and much more, will be explored at the NAPCP’s 20th Annual Commercial Card and Payment Conference, April 15-18, 2019, in Miami, Florida. All told, speakers from the public and private sectors, with hands-on industry experience, will present more than 80 solution-focused sessions. This is an excellent peer-to-peer learning experience, as industry professionals present case studies, solutions, use of innovation, plus value propositions to generate management buy-in.
"I liked the breakout sessions where I got to learn from other program administrators—their processes, challenges, solutions, etc.," said NAPCP member, Kim Hufstetler, of the 2018 conference. "They gave me ideas on how to address similar challenges and spur growth in my own program."
ABOUT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The NAPCP Annual Commercial Card and Payment Conference brings together more than 600 industry professionals from around the world to share perspectives on all Commercial Card and payment vehicles, including Purchasing Card, Travel Card, Fleet Card, Ghost Card, Declining Balance Card, ePayables and other electronic payment options. Experts and practitioners share case studies, successes and thought-provoking ideas, all with an eye for trends and innovation across sectors. Thought leaders share expertise and solutions in the exhibit hall, and dedicated networking events provide attendees the opportunity to dive deeper into specific topics and individual needs. In 2019, the NAPCP is celebrating two decades of service to the Commercial Card and Payment industry.
General registration is now open for the Annual Conference.
ABOUT THE NAPCP
The NAPCP is a membership-based professional association committed to advancing Commercial Card and Payment professionals and industry practices worldwide. Serving a community of more than 20,000, the NAPCP is a respected voice in the industry and an impartial resource for members at all experience levels in the public and private sectors. The NAPCP provides unmatched opportunities for continuing education and peer networking through its conferences, Regional Forums, webinars, website, virtual demonstrations, newsletters and regular communication. The association sponsors research and publishes timely and relevant white papers, survey results and other documents. The NAPCP offers a Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) credential.